Getting new TCH Monday. (finally)

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2007, 08:27 PM
tjq
Active Enthusiast
Default Getting new TCH Monday. (finally)

Took what seems like a long time. Could have been in it 4 days after settling on price. But my TCH dealer offered to finish payments and buy out old car. Did not cost me a thing on buyout or lose any $. Price was same as negotiated. Also after buyout offer settled, presented tch dealer with a $250 coupon which they honored. Dealership did have me come back to resign the state sales tax form they botched. Took 5 to 10 minutes time and they gave me a coupon for 5 oil and filter changes. Did not purchase an extended warranty.

Financial company of old car hung up the deal for about 8 days. Prodded as much as possible with my dealer and old car financial in every way possible. In the end was very satisfied with price settled on and with my tch dealership. Would I do it again? Yes, knowing the outcome was satisfactory for me. Gained some knowledge which will make me even more patient should the same circumstances happen in the future.

Come Monday before noon will be my new hybrid. Like techie new stuff.

tjq

Old 05-05-2007, 10:14 PM
Recent Hybrid convert
Default Re: Getting new TCH Monday. (finally)

Congrats! what color? For comparison, here's what was "popular" last year:
https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...ead.php?t=8490

Old 05-06-2007, 03:53 AM
tjq
Active Enthusiast

Past 2 cars were light colored. Previous to them was a red car. Wife liked the mag grey. She picked color, I chose car. Next time her turn for, make & model car. Hope really do, she likes the TCH and picks it again.

Had no idea our choice of color is so popular. Only seen several different Prius's and 2 or 3 TCH's in my area here in SE, NE. One the mag grey, other barcelona red.

Old 05-06-2007, 05:10 PM
Enthusiast

You won't be disappointed in your choice of vehicles.

Old 05-07-2007, 07:26 PM
tjq
Active Enthusiast

Monday AM picked up the hybrid. Had 18 miles on it when leaving dealer with a full tank. Now has 68 miles of mostly city, some suburb, 2 miles of rte 95. Took me maybe 20 miles (makes it 38 since picking it up) to find mpg on Trip B. To busy to read manual and staggered through learning the need to know features.

With mpg mode at first the avg. was 24.3. Don't ask how come it was that low. By the time it was shut down for the day it showed 32.8 mpg. Had 2 toyota v6's for 6 years and only twice did avg 30.3. and 30.4. Both times were on highway trips, over 300 miles. Never had avg over 29 on other trips.

Was very satisfied with the avg. on new TCH, considering first day, not being familiar with the operations for the first 40 miles. Smart key entering fascinated my sons and others in the family. Also the "stealth" quietness when stopped at lights, etc. Electric only was easy to keep it in on flats and some small rolling hills from 25 to 40 mph. (ICE did come on occasionally) Used ECON mode only after finding where it was and switching it on. CC was on and used all day. Did notice the regenerative whine when braking for stops and red lights. Should be very easy to adjust to and soon be unnoticeable. Sound system was good like previous toyotas.

Now to read the the tch instruction book and see what else was missed on first day of use.

Can see where it will be a $$$ saver in future fuelings.

More posts in the future on my opinons on it.

Thanks to all who have coached me with the informative replies to my questions.

tjq

Old 05-08-2007, 10:19 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Congrats on the car and welcome to the board

Old 05-08-2007, 11:31 AM
Active Enthusiast

Congratulations! I'm sure you'll love your TCH.

Old 05-08-2007, 01:26 PM
tjq
Active Enthusiast

Still no time to read manual. Went about 25 miles today. Used car on short 2 miler in the morning and lost about 1 mpg of the 32.8 from yesterday. Out again for some plant shopping, got caught behind a school but for 15 minutes and about 9 stops. After was regular travel on suburban roads. By the time it was parked here, managed to get it up to 33.4. Maybe should reset the trip b, now that have some idea how to drive it properly for the rest of the 7/8 of tank left? Opinions welcome.

Thanks tjq

Old 05-09-2007, 11:17 AM
Active Enthusiast

Congratulations! on your car and your decision !.. I left a string of 3 SUV's behind when I got mine 5/3/06 !.. It's a year old now, 19K miles and a lifetime avg. of 36.0 mpg. As I was told, and was the case, as I got miles up around 16000 the mileage seemed to improve??. It will take some getting used to before you learn to feather the gas pedal and use less gasoline, but it is a fun experience!. Still love the car after its first year and 62 stops at gas stations so far.
Best of luck to you and your TCH !!.. I still get excited when I see others.. I have only spotted one other Mag Greay since I got mine. I love the Blue ones that I have seen.

Old 05-09-2007, 01:29 PM
tjq
Active Enthusiast

***** bill. Wifes turn to pick color. Mine to choose make and model car. Ditto on Blue. Tried to get her vote but lost out. Getting used to met grey. liking it more each day. Still have not opened instruction manual. Floundered around a bit but have displays, other new items down good enough for time being. MPG's still gaining a bit each time out on road. No highways yet. Tempted to zero out trip odo and start over with 3/4 tank remaining.

Quick Reply: Getting new TCH Monday. (finally)

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands