Frozen Stuck!

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 12:56 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Frozen Stuck!

I had an interesting experience today -- my TCH was frozen and wouldn't move out of park!

I had just driven through a high quality car wash and the outside temps were were pretty cold -- approximately 20F. I drove about one mile from the car wash to my office and parked it in the lot for around 2 hours. There was a few water spots but mostly the car wash dried the water off.

When I tried to leave for lunch, my TCH wouldn't budge! It was like the tires were frozen to the parking lot (which by the way was completely clear of snow and ice). I got out and saw no evidence of snow or ice attached to the tires. I got back in and gave it more throttle and finally the car broke free with a little bang.

As I drove down the road, the car had a distinct RPM rattle coming from the drivers side rear wheel -- like I had a baseball card in the spokes. My fellow employees thought this was hilarious.

Fortunately, after about a mile, the noise went away and hasn't come back.

Any idea of what happened? I do have the loaded version with alloy wheels.

Old 03-02-2009, 01:57 PM
Happy 07 TCH Owner
Default Re: Frozen Stuck!

It sounds as if your disc pads were frozen to the rotors.

Old 03-02-2009, 05:31 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Frozen Stuck!

Your e-brake brake shoes frooze to the drum.