Eco Button

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 12:17 PM
Enthusiast
Default Eco Button

My Camry Hybrid is about 2 months old.

Often, when I push the eco button nothing happens - the light on the buttton does not come on and the word "eco" does not appear in the climate control area. But then sometimes it does work. I can't figure out any pattern for when it will come on and when it won't.

Is there there some rule where eco will only come on in certain conditions, or is there something wrong with my eco button/system? Has anyone else had this issue?

Thaks for your help/advice.

Old 12-02-2008, 01:03 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Eco Button

Search for ECO and you will find lots of discussion about how and what ECO does.

In a nutshell, ECO places comfort behind economy, running the AC at a lower power level, and allowing the ICE to shut off at a lower coolant temperature.

ECO is "disabled" if the AC or Heat is set to MIN or MAX, or the defroster is on.

I rarely use "auto" for the climate control, so I don't recall if that has any effect. I usually manually set the fan between 1 and 4 bars and set the temp.

Old 12-02-2008, 04:16 PM
Enthusiast

Thanks. That explains it. I often set the temp to LO, so it must not let me turn on the ECO mode then. I wish it would let me set the temp lower than 65 without going to all-out low mode. I think my last car let me go down to 60 (which wasn't low enough for me either).

Old 12-02-2008, 07:58 PM
Active Enthusiast

You're trying to get the interior temperature below 60? Are you storing your groceries in the car with you?