Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Toyota Camry Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-camry-hybrid-49/)
-   -   Does your fuel door open when the car is in motion. (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-camry-hybrid-49/does-your-fuel-door-open-when-car-motion-19023/)

haroldo 07-11-2008 03:24 AM

Does your fuel door open when the car is in motion.

In response to this thread

If someone could reply with an easy way to determine country of origin, it might be helpful to those wishing to participate in this exciting poll.

RedLdr1 07-11-2008 04:26 AM

Re: Does your fuel door open when the car is in motion.

I just confirmed mine will open while in motion.... Forward or Reverse for that matter... Maybe I got the NASCAR edition....;)

jbollt 07-11-2008 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by RedLdr1 (Post 180305)
I just confirmed mine will open while in motion.... Forward or Reverse for that matter... Maybe I got the NASCAR edition....;)

Wayne, is your TCH US built?

talmy 07-11-2008 07:54 AM

The easiest way I know is to look at the sticker on the driver's door jam. It lists the country of origin, month/year of manufacture, and other info.

Originally Posted by haroldo (Post 180295)
In response to this thread

If someone could reply with an easy way to determine country of origin, it might be helpful to those wishing to participate in this exciting poll.

swhoutx035 07-11-2008 08:44 AM

I wonder if it has anything to do with trim levels/option packages. I was going to post this question in the other thred but since there's a poll now.

I have an 09TCH, built in Kentucky. I have the heated leather seats/mirror, Nav, sunroof, auto dimming mirror with compass. My fuel door will not open when moving.

tbone526 07-11-2008 10:06 AM

09 TCH non-NAV, made in Kentucky. Door does NOT open when the button is pressed at 40MPH in the rain at night while fumbling around in the dark.

RedLdr1 07-11-2008 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by jbollt (Post 180326)
Wayne, is your TCH US built?

Yes, Kentucky made with a build month of 01/08. I am going to take a look at the wiring diagrams this weekend to see if a loose / missing wire connection could be causing mine to defeat the interlock it appears other have on their TCH....

carolinacamry 07-11-2008 07:39 PM

Guess thats something I'll have to check tomorrow.

JHSmith 07-11-2008 09:24 PM

Tested my '07 TCH this afternoon coming home from work:

Test speeds: 5 MPH increments from 60 down to 0. (Can't understand why everyone on I-95 was honking at me while I was doing test. :omg: )

The fuel door would NOT open while car was moving.

Car: Japan 2007, built ~~ Jun 2006. Options: Almost everything (NAV, Sun, Leather, etc.)

CJO2007CamryHyb 07-12-2008 01:33 PM

This may be a stupid question but, why would anyone try and open the fuel door while the car is in motion??:confused: I have not tried to open it while in motion.........and have no plans to attempt it in the future. :lightbulb