does have TCH console compartment lid?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2006, 12:45 PM
it's just a car...
Default Why does TCH have no console compartment lid?

Why do some '07 Camrys have a lid over the center console compartment?

I'd seen photos online and assumed it had something to do with the burl wood look, but have since seen others with lids in the same gray plastic as my TCH. My TCH has no lid as shown in the photo inset:

https://www.greenhybrid.com/share/image2055.html

Last edited by vioarc; 10-13-2006 at 12:51 PM.
Old 10-13-2006, 01:09 PM
2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid
Default Re: does have TCH console compartment lid?

I think the lid is std on Camry XLE models. It isn't in the Hybrid as std or an option.

Old 10-13-2006, 07:11 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I have seen it on an LE too

Old 10-13-2006, 07:58 PM
Ian
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Why does TCH have no console compartment lid?

I think the lid only appears in other Camry except Hybrid. I asked this question to the sales man before. He said Toyota's designer thought it is a place that a driver will put his key flob. In one way that's convenient and good place to hold a key lob. In my personal opinion, it looks like it is missing something. I seldom put my key flob in that compartment because I am so afraid I will somehow leave my key in the car.

Old 10-14-2006, 08:32 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Why does TCH have no console compartment lid?

Ive left the key in the car before and it politely beeps at me as I leave trying to lock the door.

The console lid is on the SE and XLE...haven't seen it on the LE or CE.

Originally Posted by vioarc
Why do some '07 Camrys have a lid over the center console compartment?

I'd seen photos online and assumed it had something to do with the burl wood look, but have since seen others with lids in the same gray plastic as my TCH. My TCH has no lid as shown in the photo inset:

https://www.greenhybrid.com/share/image2055.html

Old 10-14-2006, 10:31 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I don't really see any reason to put the fob in that compartment.

The main appeal of the smart key system is that you never have to handle the "key". I leave it in my pocket all the time. I suppose if you don't have a pocket, you might need someplace to put it, though...

Old 10-14-2006, 11:25 AM
Currency-to-hydrocarbons

Originally Posted by spiff72
The main appeal of the smart key system is that you never have to handle the "key". I leave it in my pocket all the time. I suppose if you don't have a pocket, you might need someplace to put it, though...
Nose Ring???

Sorry - The Devil made me do it!!!

Old 10-14-2006, 06:07 PM
Active Enthusiast

Interesting event today re: Key fob. I was traveling back from Seattle to Yakima, WA and stopped at a rest stop. My traveling companion stayed with the car because I didn't want to shut it off as I wanted to see what the mileage was for the trip coming home as opposed to going to Seattle (will post this trip info separately). I left the car running and went to ... well, you know... then came back and put the car in drive and took off in stealth mode.

When I got home, I realized that I still had the key in my pocket (I don't ususally carry it there, but because I was at at conference and had checked out of the hotel I didn't want to carry around anything extra, I just put my keyfob in my pocket instead of carrying a purse around)... which meant that the car stayed running at the rest stop, even though the keyfob was 100+ feet away from the car!!! Because my traveling companion was still with the car I hadn't tried to lock it so hadn't run into any problems. BUT I was amazed that the car continued to stay 'on'. Now the next question is... if someone had tried to put it into drive and take off with it... would the car have 'allowed' it? Guess I will have to try it in the driveway when I run to the store in a bit!

Old 10-14-2006, 06:13 PM
Happy 07 TCH Owner

belbe: Yes, the car would have allowed the person to drive away. If the person would have turned the system off though, it would not start again.

Old 10-14-2006, 06:44 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

belbe: The car should have beeped at you 3 times as you walked away with the fob in your pocket.

Quick Reply: does have TCH console compartment lid?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands