Do you leave the dealerships advertising sticker/licennce plate frame on your TCH?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2006, 10:41 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Do you leave the dealerships advertising sticker/license plate frame on your TCH?

I take the sticker and plate frame off as soon as I get home. I never understood why people left these on their brand new car. People driving BMW's (TCH) advertising for SO and SO BMW (Toyota). I replace the plate frame with my favorite NFL team (A nice metal frame not the cheap plastic stuff).

I wouldn't put a McDonalds sticker on the back of my car, why leave the dealership sticker I say.

Last edited by cohort; 09-15-2006 at 06:30 PM.
Old 09-15-2006, 10:42 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Do you leave the dealerships advertising sticker/licennce plate frame on your TCH?

I have mine on, but ONLY because except for one small issue I was extremely satisfied with my dealer and don't mind recommending their name around town.

Old 09-15-2006, 10:53 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Do you leave the dealerships advertising sticker/licennce plate frame on your TCH?

It came off right away.

Old 09-15-2006, 10:55 AM

I always write into my purchase contract that the ONLY dealer ad I will accept is the license plate holder. And, so long as the dealer treats me properly, I leave that on the car. If they mistreat me, even that goes.

I certainly NEVER go for the other things that stick or get attached by DRILLING. Those things often cannot be undone without making a real mess.

Old 09-15-2006, 10:59 AM
Active Enthusiast

Only if they will pay me for their advertising

It came off as soon as I got home on my TCH! During my last car shopping several years ago - I actually walked off a lot and purchased somewhere else because they wouldn't negotiate on the tag/advertising - they actually rivetted their emblems into the vehicle - two holes in all of their brand new vehicles - I said no and walked off....they lost that sale because I bought two days later elsewhere!!! I hate it too!

I'm not spending $30,000 to advertise for someone else.... I've heard rumors that the stickers/emblems are not common place in California....? Don't know if there is any truth to that though?

Old 09-15-2006, 11:07 AM

I don't even leave the manufactueres badges on let along naything to ID the dealer. I tell the sales perosn if you want to pay me to advertise your dealership then you can put a decal/plate on otherwise leave that crap off.

Old 09-15-2006, 11:22 AM
Happy 07 TCH Owner

My dealer, Love Toyota of Sanit Albans WV, did not place anything on my TCH.

Old 09-15-2006, 11:24 AM
Along for the ride.....

Asked them to not put anything other than a license plate frame, which I use beneath the plate to keep it from rattling.

Old 09-15-2006, 02:21 PM
WVGasGuy

My dealer, Love Toyota of Sanit Albans WV, did not place anything on my TCH

Hey David, I bought 6 Toyotas and a Nissan 350Z from them. I consider them a tops dealership. However to gain my sales Buchhannon Auto Mall got tired of me driving to Charleston to buy my cars and started dealing with me. Last 5 came from them. I've very happy with them as well. However with all those purchases I only dealt each time with one sales person and was treaded well.

Old 09-15-2006, 02:37 PM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

License frame is OK but no stickers for me. My dealer doesn't do stickers any way.

Quick Reply: Do you leave the dealerships advertising sticker/licennce plate frame on your TCH?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands