direct iPod adapter for the 07 Camry/TCH?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2006, 04:58 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default direct iPod adapter for the 07 Camry/TCH?

Does anyone have or know of a direct ipod adapter for the TCH/07 Camrys that connects directly to the headunit so that you can use the steering wheels controls to control the ipod?

The aux input jack obviously works with the ipod but I like to put my whole ipod on shuffle and be able to skip past songs I don't feel like listening to. Having to look off the road to skip tracks on the ipod itself is less than ideal.

Old 08-25-2006, 05:25 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: direct iPod adapter for the 07 Camry/TCH?

Check here: SoundLinQ

Old 08-27-2006, 09:43 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Arrow Re: direct iPod adapter for the 07 Camry/TCH?

Somebody please buy this for me for Christmas! (Including installation.)

Old 08-28-2006, 07:51 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dalerb
Check here: SoundLinQ
Looks pretty cool. It says it's compatible with the 2007 Camry but does not specifically mention the hybrid. Is the stereo system in the non-hybrid the same as the TCH?

Also, if the stereos ARE the same, the NAV systems clearly differ because the TCH has the consumption screens.

Old 08-28-2006, 09:17 AM
Active Enthusiast

The JBL system is the same. I believe the Nav models stereo systems are the same too.

Originally Posted by hamm3r
Looks pretty cool. It says it's compatible with the 2007 Camry but does not specifically mention the hybrid. Is the stereo system in the non-hybrid the same as the TCH?

Also, if the stereos ARE the same, the NAV systems clearly differ because the TCH has the consumption screens.

Old 08-28-2006, 09:34 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

So, who's going to be first to try this out on the Nav version of the Hybrid and let me know if it works (with text capability)?

Old 08-28-2006, 09:47 PM
Enthusiast

I have this installed in my camry hybrid, and it works well. sterring wheel controls, NAV unit info, etc. You can put the ipod whereever you want, I had my installer put it in the glovebox.

Old 08-29-2006, 05:55 AM
Active Enthusiast

I beliueve the Navigation systems are completely identical as well, with the exception that the Hybrid has a separate consumption system. Toyota and Lexus use the same generation of Nav systems, I believe they are on the "generation 5" nav system right now. The Nav system is the same (software, workings) on all Toyota/Lexus models.

Originally Posted by hamm3r

Old 08-29-2006, 02:02 PM
Active Enthusiast

Thanks, good to know that one at least works. The bummer is the price. I know there are lots of options for other Toyotas such as the 4Runner that are $100-$150.

Originally Posted by Joe.B
I have this installed in my camry hybrid, and it works well. sterring wheel controls, NAV unit info, etc. You can put the ipod whereever you want, I had my installer put it in the glovebox.

Old 08-29-2006, 02:54 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ntguru
Thanks, good to know that one at least works. The bummer is the price. I know there are lots of options for other Toyotas such as the 4Runner that are $100-$150.
A $100-$150 option that integrates the iPod into the audio system (i.e., allows control of the iPod through the audio system's controls and displays iPod information on the audio system's screen)? That sounds more like something that might supply an aux input to a system that didn't already come with one.

Quick Reply: direct iPod adapter for the 07 Camry/TCH?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands