Dent/Indentation

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 06:55 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Dent/Indentation

So much to my abject horror, when I got out of my TCH Sat. afternoon I noticed what appeared to be a dent in the drivers side passenger door, about halfway up.

Upon closer inspection, I would describe it as an indentation. The paint is not broken at all and there is not so much as a scratch. Just an...indentation...maybe 3-4 inches. Let its "pressed in."

Of course I'm mortified, but I'm hopeful its a relatively easy fix...maybe some kind of suction device? I wonder if the regular Toyota service will suffice, or if it needs to go to a body shop.

Old 08-07-2006, 08:44 AM
World's First Hybrid
Default Re: Dent/Indentation

Usually, the dealer will have a body shop person that can remove this type of dent. If you just picked up the car, they shouldn't charge you for it because it will only take a few minutes to fix if there is no underlying paint damage.

Old 08-07-2006, 09:01 AM
Active Enthusiast

Well, its over a month old now, and my dealer isn't particularly local for me, unfortunately.

I did make an appointment to bring it in on Wed. Its just such a collosal pain in the *** for me, because with work I'm just too busy to waste time with car dealers, and its a huge hassle to drop it off because I need the thing to carpool. This is something that I should be there for, though, apparently--they can look at it and tell what needs to happen.

Old 08-07-2006, 09:21 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Check out "bumper repair" shops in the phone book or yellowbook.com They pop out dents in bumpers. I don't see why they could not do a door just as easily. In San Diego I found a mobile dent repair called The Dent Doc just browsing yellowbook.

Last edited by nash; 08-07-2006 at 09:28 AM.