Dealership JUST Called me at work...

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2006, 12:30 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Dealership JUST Called me at work...

My car, which isn't even listed in the online inventory yet, just rolled off the truck onto their lot!!!!!!! I am going to see it after work. I am so excited. And I am so upset that I lost my tiny pocket-sized camera, so I can't take any pictures of it tonight to share.

So, I'm taking my Corolla over to be evaluated for trade tonight and fill out the final paperwork, and we're picking it up tomorrow at 6:30pm!!!

FINALLY!!!! WOOHOOOOOO!!!!!

Old 08-01-2006, 12:40 PM
Too Smug
Default Re: Dealership JUST Called me at work...

Hallelujah! Let me be the first to congratulate.

Old 08-01-2006, 12:47 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I bet you thought the wait would never end. I too had the same thing happen. Called the dealership about a week before it was supposed to arrive saying that if it was late they'd have to hold it since I was going on vacation the week after it was due. No problem. They then called me the very next day saying it arrived.

Old 08-01-2006, 01:40 PM
Enthusiast

Awesome!! I am sooooo jealous.

Old 08-01-2006, 05:03 PM
Active Enthusiast

congrats - now aren't you glad you did not cave in and go for any of the others that you could have had (and we all know how close that was) and waited for your Greeny...

I see a pepe's white clam apizza in your near future...

I'll be on the lookout - if seemingly crazy guy in a silver tch starts honking and waving at you , you will know who it is
here's to it

Old 08-01-2006, 05:21 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Lilarienne
My car, which isn't even listed in the online inventory yet, just rolled off the truck onto their lot!!!!!!! I am going to see it after work. I am so excited. And I am so upset that I lost my tiny pocket-sized camera, so I can't take any pictures of it tonight to share.

So, I'm taking my Corolla over to be evaluated for trade tonight and fill out the final paperwork, and we're picking it up tomorrow at 6:30pm!!!

FINALLY!!!! WOOHOOOOOO!!!!!
Congrats in advance. From one Jasper owner to another, I know you'll love the color.

I still have not seen another Jasper Pearl "in the wild". In fact, while I've seen dozens of 07 Camrys, I have not seen another one on the road that I could be sure was a TCH of any color (e.g., could not see tail lights).

Old 08-01-2006, 05:26 PM
WVGasGuy

I could be sure was a TCH of any color (e.g., could not see tail lights).

I've found that it's easier to see the emblem on the side than the tail lights if I'm driving on the interstate

Old 08-01-2006, 05:31 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WVGasGuy
I could be sure was a TCH of any color (e.g., could not see tail lights).

I've found that it's easier to see the emblem on the side than the tail lights if I'm driving on the interstate
Absolutely. Tail lights was just an example. The funny thing is that most of my driving is in rental cars, so when I finally do pull up next to a TCH driver on the interstate and can't resist the urge to wave at them or give them the thumbs-up, they'll think I'm just some kind of random nut (rather than the specific TCH-kind of nut ).

Old 08-01-2006, 06:37 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

OK, so the delivery coordinator person who called me at work said that I should bring my Corolla in for its evaluation, and I had my husband (who was working in Hartford today) pick up our son and meet me at the dealership. Well, just when I left work we were hit by a totally insane thunderstorm with torrential rains, high winds and an insane amount of lightning.

It took me longer than normal to get there and when I arrived the Inventory Manger said that they had actually asked the delivery coordinator NOT to call the customers whose cars were delivered today due to the weather . He asked me if I could come back tomorrow and I said, "I want to take the car home tomorrow and my Corolla needs to be evaluated for the trade."

Long story shorter, once it wasn't pouring quite so hard he did my Corolla's evaluation in the rain. While we were waiting they brought the TCH out without its mirrors and with most of the shipping plastic still on it and we got to take pictures (found that camera on the floor in my Corolla) and sit in it. Our original salesperson, who is now a greeter, told us that we couldn't take it out for a drive since the mirrors weren't installed.

So then they came back with the offer on my Corolla, which was within the Kelly range for a trade-in of my model year with as many miles as it has. I was happy. And then we had to wait for the financial stuff. There was a couple ahead of me who were apparently buying TWO cars. Eventually I sent my husband home with our son and I ended up being there til around 8pm. I got some questions answered.

Tomorrow after work we will go to the dealership with my Corolla with its keys, registration & title, a check for the remainder of our down payment, and our new insurance card and we will say goodbye Corolla, hello Camry Hybrid!

Thank you to everyone for listening to me rant and rave while I waited for my car. I have posted some pictures in the Share forum...

Old 08-01-2006, 07:22 PM
Camry Hybrid Owner

Congrats on your finally getting your TCH. I know from experience that you will love the color.

Quick Reply: Dealership JUST Called me at work...

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands