Daily drive?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 04:37 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Daily drive?

So what kind of miles do you guys put on your cars daily? I never had a new car before and I feel so bad cuz I drive 45 miles one way to work, so thats about 450 miles a week. At that rate I will be over 100,000 miles in about 4 years if I only drive this car!
I drive my other cars sometimes to keep the miles down on the new one, but that sorta defeats the purpose of why I bought the hybrid!
Any of you guys drive further then me to get to work?
Just curious....

Old 03-20-2008, 04:42 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Daily drive?

It's a car, enjoy it.
Don't worry about driving it too much, it's just a car.

Old 03-20-2008, 04:48 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by haroldo
It's a car, enjoy it.
Don't worry about driving it too much, it's just a car.
I try, but I would like it to have less then 100,000 miles on it when I finally actually own it!
I would hate to "wear it out" before I pay it off!

Old 03-20-2008, 04:55 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by raven77
I try, but I would like it to have less then 100,000 miles on it when I finally actually own it!
I would hate to "wear it out" before I pay it off!
100K miles really isn't that much anymore on a vehicle....these cars today (esp Toyota) can be driven for 200, 300K without issue. (of course, maintained properly.)

How much are you saving in gas vs the other car? 1/3, 1/2?

Life is too short...drive the car you like (and sell those other cars you own and get your loan amount down!)

Old 03-20-2008, 04:58 PM

I'm up to 176,000 on an Avalon and it still feels like new (okay, it's not).
Like mikecism said, life is short.

Old 03-20-2008, 05:03 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mikecism
100K miles really isn't that much anymore on a vehicle....these cars today (esp Toyota) can be driven for 200, 300K without issue. (of course, maintained properly.)

How much are you saving in gas vs the other car? 1/3, 1/2?

Life is too short...drive the car you like (and sell those other cars you own and get your loan amount down!)
I get about 10-15 MPG more with the Camry. I guess you guys are right, I am sure once the "newness" wears off for me, I will not be thinking so much about keeping the miles down. I cant sell the other cars though! They are like family! I had a REALLY hard time parting with my RamAir Trans Am to get this car, but with gas prices the way they are it was just WAY to impractical.

Old 03-20-2008, 05:20 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by raven77
I get about 10-15 MPG more with the Camry. I guess you guys are right, I am sure once the "newness" wears off for me, I will not be thinking so much about keeping the miles down. I cant sell the other cars though! They are like family! I had a REALLY hard time parting with my RamAir Trans Am to get this car, but with gas prices the way they are it was just WAY to impractical.
Ditch the other cars....I'm telling you, as a former collector, hoarder, material things are a shackle. You can't drive two at once.

Have less and live happier. (which means sell/recycle the old stuff instead of keeping it!)

Old 03-20-2008, 06:38 PM
Driving in stealth mode

I m putting 40 miles one way on my TCH. I figure I'll have this car 6 or 7 years. I have never had a car over 100k miles so this will be something new for me. I am going to take care of this vehicle like I have never before.

Old 03-20-2008, 07:54 PM

Haha, I do a whopping 8 miles a day (on an average work week)! WOOT!

My cars fall apart before they hit 120k!

Old 03-20-2008, 08:04 PM
Enthusiast

My daily drive is about 140 miles. 225 km. I'll be lucky if I pay my car off before it has 200k miles. I already have 40k miles on it.
I have looked around on the web and taxi companies are reporting into 200-300k miles with Priuses that are still going great. One local cab driver made the news a few years ago when Toyota apparently approached him to get his Prius back so they could check it out. It had 321k km, 200k miles, and it was still going strong with no repairs. There is a scan of his maintenance bills on the web. He traded for a new one and has over 100k km on it now.
I am hoping that the Camry is as good as the Prius.

Quick Reply: Daily drive?

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands