Color coordination question...

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 05:47 PM
Enthusiast
Default Color coordination question...

I'm in the process of purchasing a new Camry Hybrid and have decided upon metallic gray. I am trying to decide what color for the leather - tan or gray? Will the interior plastics change match the color of the leather (i.e are you not only choosing the leather but also the moldings)? Any opinions on the best color combo? Thanks.

Old 07-23-2008, 06:07 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Color coordination question...

My TCH is super white with bisque (tan) interior. Seats, carpet and most of the door panel are tan. Top part of the door panel and the top of the dash are gray.

Old 07-23-2008, 07:13 PM
Pragmatist

Yes, the plastics do coordinate with the color scheme. A few of the big pieces are half way between gray and bisque. The others have two versions, one in each color. I have the red exterior with the bisque interior. With the gray exterior, I would recommend the gray interior, just because gray goes well with gray.

Toyota actually has design people with degrees in things like "art" whose jobs are to make sure the color schemes coordinate and appeal to the target customers. I think some of those people might even be gay. The Camry is a relatively conservative platform, and is marketed to adults who have money, so it gets relatively conservative design choices.

The bisque interior does show dirt a little more than the gray, if that is a concern.

Old 07-23-2008, 07:18 PM
Professional Hacker

Honestly, you will end up with gray leather... Toyota may show you the "options" but "options" are the factory's options, not yours. For example, if you want Metallic Gray with a Navigation system, you will end up with leather, heated seats and a sunroof. If you don't want leather, you will not have the option of the NAV system... The list goes on and on.

Your best bet is to call your local dealer and find out what packages are available in your region.

Old 07-24-2008, 01:35 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

The interior of the Metallic Gray nicely matches the exterior, but I am not picky about colors and matching. My friends who are told me that it 'works'. And remember, the Metallic Gray exterior hides dirt, so you will save money at the car wash!

Old 07-24-2008, 06:35 AM
Hybrid Lover

When I bought my TCH, my salesman told me they got a mag. gray with the bisque interior and that it looked odd. And was hard to sell. I sat in and drove a mag. gray with gray interior and it looked great!

Old 07-24-2008, 06:42 AM
Enthusiast
Smile Re: Color coordination question...

I've got Mag Gray with gray interior. It looks fantastic.

Old 07-24-2008, 06:56 AM
Enthusiast

I took delivery of my Mag Grey w/bisque leather about a month ago after looking at both interiors. I liked the contrast the bisque color added to the interior.

By the way this is my first post and wanted to mention what a great site this is and how useful all the information has been.

Old 07-24-2008, 07:40 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

(didn't mention it above)...mag with gray interior

Old 07-24-2008, 07:43 AM
Professional Hacker

Originally Posted by cee5372
I took delivery of my Mag Grey w/bisque leather about a month ago after looking at both interiors. I liked the contrast the bisque color added to the interior.

By the way this is my first post and wanted to mention what a great site this is and how useful all the information has been.
Did you have to order the Mag Gray with Bisque? If not, what area do you live in? (you can not ever order it in So Cal)

Quick Reply: Color coordination question...

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands