climate control loosing it's mind?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 08:07 PM
HAPPY TCH OWNER
Default climate control loosing it's mind?

OK I've had my 07' TCH for about 4 months with no issues . Several days ago I was driving and suddenly the climate control went from 72 to LOW by itself.
Never did it before or since. Any ideas?

Old 11-12-2008, 10:45 PM
Pragmatist
Default Re: climate control loosing it's mind?

You probably touched the decrease-temperature button on the steering wheel. It is easy to touch any of those buttons without realizing it, especially when you are maneuvering.

Old 11-13-2008, 01:22 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

...or in error.
I can't tell you how many times I answered the phone by changing the radio station, or pressed the TALK button instead of the DISP (that one goes over really well when someone is napping in the car)

Old 11-13-2008, 06:47 AM
HAPPY TCH OWNER

Originally Posted by haroldo
...or in error.
I can't tell you how many times I answered the phone by changing the radio station, or pressed the TALK button instead of the DISP (that one goes over really well when someone is napping in the car)
I use the steering wheel controls all the time for phone and radio functions. That's not it. Besides to go from 72 to LOW you would have to hold the down button for 10 seconds or hit it repeatedly 10 times or so. No, it definitely jumped to LOW on its own. Good try though.

Old 11-13-2008, 07:37 AM
Enthusiast

I would definitely keep an eye on it.
My Murano did the exact same thing, and I ended up having to get a new circuit board controller thing (sorry, I don't know the official name for it) for the a/c. Glad it was under warranty because the part alone is hundreds of dollars.
I also had the same thing happen on an RX-7 back in the 90's. Had to get two put on it.
I'm not saying definitively this is the problem, but if it happens again, I would get it checked out sooner rather than later. I'm sure the dealership has the ability to run some diagnostics on it.

Old 11-13-2008, 08:50 AM
Active Enthusiast

You are not alone. I have similar problems.

https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...f-itself-8913/

Old 11-13-2008, 09:41 AM
SPL
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

This problem has come up a number of times before. What was found (I don't remember the thread) was that one of the two temperature ***** had been left in a "between detents" position. As the car was driven, slight flexing of the dash then caused the shaft encoder to send repeated "temp up" or "temp down" commands to the climate control system. So the requested temperature soon landed up at either "max" or "min." The solution is simple — just gently turn each **** so that it's in a detent position.

Stan

Old 11-13-2008, 05:40 PM
HAPPY TCH OWNER

Originally Posted by SPL
This problem has come up a number of times before. What was found (I don't remember the thread) was that one of the two temperature ***** had been left in a "between detents" position. As the car was driven, slight flexing of the dash then caused the shaft encoder to send repeated "temp up" or "temp down" commands to the climate control system. So the requested temperature soon landed up at either "max" or "min." The solution is simple — just gently turn each **** so that it's in a detent position.

Stan
Interesting. Strangely it makes sense. I'll give it a shot, Thanks Stan