Can we use 2 different bluetooth phones with the TCH?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2006, 08:41 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Can we use 2 different bluetooth phones with the TCH?

My wife and I have 2 different cell phones. Can we associate both of them with the TCH, so that when she drives the car, her phone works, and when I drive the car, my phone works? And then what if we are both in the car with our phones?

Thanks,
Paul

Old 09-14-2006, 09:02 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Can we use 2 different bluetooth phones with the TCH?

Originally Posted by wallpad
My wife and I have 2 different cell phones. Can we associate both of them with the TCH, so that when she drives the car, her phone works, and when I drive the car, my phone works?
You can pair multiple phones with the TCH. Initially you'll need to pair both phones with the car. After that you'll have to go through the options. One of them is to select a phone. You'll have to do this each time you want to switch which phone pairs with the TCH.

And then what if we are both in the car with our phones?

Thanks,
Paul
Bluetooth is monogamous. It will only pair one phone with one other device. So your car will only pair up with one phone, the one that you've selected through the menu setting.

Old 09-14-2006, 09:15 AM
Active Enthusiast

Great thanks!

Old 09-14-2006, 09:18 AM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

I can only speak to the NAV implementation but you can turn OFF the AutoConnect and that would force you to select a phone each time you start the car.
That would make the procedure consistent regardless of who drives the car.
Just another option. YMMV.
J

Old 09-14-2006, 09:31 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by schmidtj
I can only speak to the NAV implementation but you can turn OFF the AutoConnect and that would force you to select a phone each time you start the car.
That would make the procedure consistent regardless of who drives the car.
Just another option. YMMV.
J
I have the non-NAV version and to the best of my knowledge that feature does not exist in my car.

Old 09-14-2006, 09:38 AM
Active Enthusiast

95% of the time it will be me driving the car. So we only have to go through the menus when we want to change it to my wife's phone or back to my phone, right? If I drive the car 10 times in a row, I shouldn't have to go through those menus every time right?

Thanks,
Paul

Old 09-14-2006, 10:38 AM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

95% of the time it will be me driving the car. So we only have to go through the menus when we want to change it to my wife's phone or back to my phone, right? If I drive the car 10 times in a row, I shouldn't have to go through those menus every time right?

Thanks,
Paul
Assuming you did not turn OFF the Autoconnect (Default is ON) you are correct.
J

Old 06-05-2009, 04:39 AM
Enthusiast

My question is how do you pair that second phone? The first time you can go in and do "Register" everything works fine. If I delete the first phone's registration, I can then pair the second phone. I try to go in with my second phone(iphone) and do search and nothing while the first phone(a samsung impression) is registered. Any advise on registering the second phone?

Old 06-05-2009, 04:47 AM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

Originally Posted by tszelak
My question is how do you pair that second phone? The first time you can go in and do "Register" everything works fine. If I delete the first phone's registration, I can then pair the second phone. I try to go in with my second phone(iphone) and do search and nothing while the first phone(a samsung impression) is registered. Any advise on registering the second phone?
I dont think you are getting into the Add Phone portion of the ment. The first time you do it there are not phones in the car's directory so it automatically goes to Add Phone mode but subsequent adds require you actually do the Add Phone procedure. The phone will not see the car's bluetooth until you are already in the "add phone" portion of the menu where it's telling you to enter the PIN on the telephone.
So get into "add phone" and only then go into your phone's bluetooth menu to search for handsfree devices. When you get to the point where you can enter the PIN enter it and you should be done. At least that's the way it works on the NAV version. Make sure the other paired phone is off when you do this. That will save you an extra prompt saying another phone is already active do you want to use the new phone...

Last edited by schmidtj; 06-05-2009 at 04:50 AM.
Old 06-05-2009, 05:00 AM
Enthusiast

Now we're getting somewhere :-)
I can't seem to find where the "Add Phone" is located. I've been in the "Select telephone" but everything is greyed out except for the samsung phone that is already registered.
I think I may be just looking in the wrong place for "Add Phone".
I should have told you, I have TCH 2009 with NAV.
Thanks,

Quick Reply: Can we use 2 different bluetooth phones with the TCH?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands