Camry Hybrid and thoughts after 10 days!

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2006, 02:23 PM
Enthusiast
Default Camry Hybrid and thoughts after 10 days!

Well we have been able to put a few miles on our desert sand mica Camry and my early report puts the car as excellent. Fun to drive, smooth and quiet and above all the mileage is beyond expectations. I found in order to get an accurate mpg reading one needs to make sure the tank is completely full! (Starting with a full tank) Yesterday and today we drove well over 100 miles of urban and suburb driving and some short stop and go trips in our small town. Today though we mostly drove on back roads which were very hilly, some quite steep, and twisty and required a lot of slow down and acceleration. This tank so far is registering 41.mpg average. I have owned many cars down through the years and this by far is the best mileage ever. The overall quality of the car is again excellent and the first new car I can remember of having that was blemish free. Thanks Toyota for your excellent work!

Old 09-09-2006, 03:10 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Camry Hybrid and thoughts after 10 days!

I've also had mine for 10 days, also Desert Sand Mica.

The first 500 miles I put on the car were fairly intense: lugging 5 of us guys up and down a mountain over Labor Day weekend with the a/c blasting (in Eco mode, of course!).

Just filled up for the first time today, and I got a very respectable 36.83mpg. That, I might add, is a welcome change from my previous vehicle (Infiniti FX35) that usually got 17mpg. I am a happy camper!

And a very happy Camry Hybrid owner!