Bridgestone Turdranza's have got to go!

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 11:55 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Bridgestone Turdranza's have got to go!

I can't take it any more. The car is 12.5 months old, 21,000 miles, and I just can't STAND those craptacular Bridgestone tires another moment!

I looked at Tire Rack where they still have a special price on MXV4 S8's, but I let it go too long. The 'stones are still legal but scrubbed to hell on the outer edges. Just yesterday the traction control kicked a warning as I changed lanes at 40mph as the front end broke traction with the slightest sideways moment. They are noisy and sketchy and have an awful road feel. Yes, I rotate at every oil change.

I called several tire dealers until I found a guy who spoke clear intelligent English. 'Robert' at America's Tire Center in Montclair quoted me a list price but quickly accommodated my counter offer based on my knowledge of the local market. He also took the time to advise me of the importance of servicing the TPMS sensors whenever tires are mounted. I did not know there are gaskets and seals and hardware prone to galvanic corrosion. And for $5 up-charge per wheel I doubt it's a cash cow for them, just something that needs to be done right.

I pre-paid for special order and I have an appointment at 16.00 today.

I'm all excited now

Old 03-07-2008, 04:55 AM
Pragmatist
Default Re: Bridgestone Turdranza's have got to go!

I got a set of 17" wheels with the Michelin Energy MXV4 tires, that were "take off" from an Avalon, on ebay for about what I would have had to pay for just the tires. I still had to take them to my tire shop to get my TPMS valve stems transferred from my old wheels to the new ones, and get them rebalanced.

Search for "Avalon wheels tires" on ebay. One of the sellers is a dealer or something and has new sets ever week or two. Some of the sets have Bridgestone tires, some have the Michelins, so you have to actually read the descriptions.