Bluetooth question (problem with phone book)

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2006, 11:07 PM
Enthusiast
Default Bluetooth question (problem with phone book)

I'm having some strange problems with my Bluetooth system (using a verizon razr). Most of the time, while the phone is in the car and paired correctly, I can't seem to bring up the dialing screen on the nav display when I press the off-hook button. Instead the Speed Dial screen comes up (and I don't have any speed dial entries programmed). But _sometimes) the dialing screen (with the Phone Book button enabled) does come up, I then push the Phone Book button and then select the PB entry and dial... all's fine. But 80% of the time I get the Speed Dial page instead. And when I try to circumvent this and use the Info button to bring up the Telephone screen the dialing screen is displayed but everything except the Speed Dial button is disabled. Very bizarre behavior and I cannot figure out what the heck is going on.

Anyone have any ideas?

(thanks)

Old 12-10-2006, 11:37 PM
Enthusiast
Smile Re: Bluetooth question (problem with phone book)

even i see this, but i think you get this screen when you are driving and use the buttons on the steering, i am not sure but i think if you use the voice commands then you will get the full screen, need to check, i will update once i check

Old 12-11-2006, 12:04 AM
07 Camry Hybrid!
Default Re: Bluetooth question (problem with phone book)

This behavior is a safety feature of the system. While the car is not in motion, you have access to the keypad and the Nav destination options. As soon as the car is in motion, you can't use the keypad anymore (they keys are greyed out). You can only use the Speed Dial buttons. Similar behavior with the Nav. You can only select pre-programmed destinations.

There is an override for the limitations, but they only work for the 5.1 version of the software. No one has found the codes to override the new 6.1 software. (On the 5.1 software, press Menu / Volume / Upper Left corner / Lower Left corner / Upper Left Corner / Lower Left corner. A new screen should pop up. Press and Hold the Over Ride button until it beeps. Then use the back key. Now, you can use the nav and phone keys. You must enter this override for every trip ( every time you shut off the system). ) Just please be careful if you chose to try and use this while you drive. We don't need to prove Toyota right to implement the "safety feature" by having accidents while we're driving.

Old 12-11-2006, 11:48 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Bluetooth question (problem with phone book)

Ah ha... this makes sense, except it's odd that sometimes (while in motion) the phone book screen has come up. It must've been when I've tried to dial by voice.

Thanks!