Blue and Green battery symbol

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 10:07 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Blue and Green battery symbol

Can someone explain what the green and the blue battery display on the energy screen mean?

Old 01-25-2008, 10:49 AM
blahhhhhh!
Default Re: Blue and Green battery symbol

Do you mean the display where it shows the wheels turning and the electric motor and ICE?

If you do, then the blue arrows pointing from the wheels to the battery (ie when you're coasting/braking) mean the battery is getting charged. If its a yellow arrow pointing from the battery to the wheels, then it means the the battery is supplying the electric motor with energy to propel your car (whether the ICE is on or not)

Old 01-25-2008, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by KTLane
Do you mean the display where it shows the wheels turning and the electric motor and ICE?

If you do, then the blue arrows pointing from the wheels to the battery (ie when you're coasting/braking) mean the battery is getting charged. If its a yellow arrow pointing from the battery to the wheels, then it means the the battery is supplying the electric motor with energy to propel your car (whether the ICE is on or not)
Yes, does the same apply to the display of the battery when it is lime-green or a medium-blue? Also, I noticed a difference in the level of the blue or green in the battery. Sometimes it is near full, other times it is slightly more than half full. (I always see the battery as half full, rather than half empty)

Old 01-25-2008, 11:06 AM
blahhhhhh!

Originally Posted by nicst47
Yes, does the same apply to the display of the battery when it is lime-green or a medium-blue? Also, I noticed a difference in the level of the blue or green in the battery.
Lime green = mostly full -> all full (i'm guessing something like >75% full)
Blue = Gettin low? (<75% full)

This winter my batter has been mostly blue (must be sad about all the cold weather and all the times its been stuck in my driveway haha) I can get it into the green if I coast for like half a mile and ride my brakes a little at the end.

I've never seen it get below half full, so I don't know if it like turns red or something?

Originally Posted by nicst47
Sometimes it is near full, other times it is slightly more than half full. (I always see the battery as half full, rather than half empty)
hahahaha

Old 01-25-2008, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by KTLane
Lime green = mostly full -> all full (i'm guessing something like >75% full)
Blue = Gettin low? (<75% full)

This winter my batter has been mostly blue (must be sad about all the cold weather and all the times its been stuck in my driveway haha) I can get it into the green if I coast for like half a mile and ride my brakes a little at the end.

I've never seen it get below half full, so I don't know if it like turns red or something?
Thanks for that explanation Katie. That makes sense.

hahahaha

Old 01-25-2008, 11:30 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Try a little harder and you will get a nice royal purple...I feel like I might have seen a red as well.I think the operating range of that scale is something like 40% - 80% of total battery capacity. There is a thread around here somewhere....there might be something in the FAQ about this as well.

Old 01-25-2008, 11:59 AM
Dazed and Confused

I ran mine down to almost nothing the other day. I was stretching my tank a bit too far and ran out of gas. (I knew it was going to be sketchy if I was going to make it to my favorite gas station, and as luck would have it I did not make it, so I had to settle for one that was $0.02 more a gallon.) I ran about a mile on battery at 60 MPH, and when I got to the gas pump I had one bar left and it was still purple.

Old 01-25-2008, 01:05 PM
Enthusiast

I usually see purple when I get stuck in traffic jams during the summer with the A/C on.

If you really want to understand the State of Charge bar graphs, you might want to look at the following web page:

http://privatenrg.com/

It's oriented towards simulating Prius mileage, but most of the information is applicable to the Camry Hybrid. Look towards the bottom of the page for battery state of charge information.

Old 01-25-2008, 04:36 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ag4ever
I ran mine down to almost nothing the other day. I was stretching my tank a bit too far and ran out of gas. (I knew it was going to be sketchy if I was going to make it to my favorite gas station, and as luck would have it I did not make it, so I had to settle for one that was $0.02 more a gallon.) I ran about a mile on battery at 60 miles per hour, and when I got to the gas pump I had one bar left and it was still purple.
And the million dollar question, how many gallons did it take to fill it up????

Old 01-28-2008, 07:18 AM
Dazed and Confused

Originally Posted by jbollt
And the million dollar question, how many gallons did it take to fill it up????

I have gotten as much as 17.846 gallons in the tank before, but for some reason I really could not get more than 17.777 in this time. I also did not really try that hard to fill the neck full. I just went to the next dollar after it clicked off, I might have even skipped the first even dollar and gone to the second.

This morning, I added a full gallon after the nossle hit the auto stop. (I only put in 16.433 gallons. Man, I still had 60 miles till I was empty!)

Quick Reply: Blue and Green battery symbol

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands