before I mess up again...

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 11:46 AM
Hawaiian
Default before I mess up again...

has anyone put a high end stereo in their HYBRID?

Old 06-12-2008, 03:15 PM
Pragmatist
Default Re: before I mess up again...

I consider a good sound to be one that accurately reproduces the sound that the artist made while recording. By that measure, the Camry already has an extremely good stereo. Much better than the systems you find in most houses. Of course, the background noise is a problem, but these cars have less of that than almost any previous model car.

Do you mean a much-more-powerful amp and a much-larger bass speaker? I think 400 watts is plenty of power. And, I value my hearing.

Old 06-13-2008, 08:02 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by The Riddler
has anyone put a high end stereo in their HYBRID?
The fifty cent question is do you have factory navigation? Since some of the hybrid functions are displayed on the nav unit that could be an issue...

If not you shouldn't have any issues... I talked to a reputable local shop about upgrades and their comment was since I don't have factory nav it is just like any other Camry to them... Except for the battery location and trunk space anyway...

Old 06-16-2008, 12:10 PM
Hawaiian

Originally Posted by RedLdr1
The fifty cent question is do you have factory navigation? Since some of the hybrid functions are displayed on the nav unit that could be an issue...

If not you shouldn't have any issues... I talked to a reputable local shop about upgrades and their comment was since I don't have factory nav it is just like any other Camry to them... Except for the battery location and trunk space anyway...
I had factory Nav in my RDX and put in a high end system ZAPCO. I kept the factory head unit and changed everything else. you cant tell the diff. nowa days. its all good.

Old 06-16-2008, 12:17 PM
Hawaiian

Originally Posted by SteveHansen
I consider a good sound to be one that accurately reproduces the sound that the artist made while recording. By that measure, the Camry already has an extremely good stereo. Much better than the systems you find in most houses. Of course, the background noise is a problem, but these cars have less of that than almost any previous model car.

Do you mean a much-more-powerful amp and a much-larger bass speaker? I think 400 watts is plenty of power. And, I value my hearing.
Hey steve, thanks for your comments, but although the system in a camry might bee good.... I want the best. If I wanted good I would've bought a CIVIC . I do want to run a 1200 watt ZAPCO system. I had one in my previous ride and yes there were 2 twelve inch subs in the car, but the stereo was never played so I could compete with the Ice Cream Man!

great sound cost watts. and I want great sound. I sit in traffic (Hawai'i traffic is stop go) and music makes my 90 minute drive much more bareable.

Old 06-16-2008, 06:42 PM
Enthusiast

I plan on doing a JL 13" sub with JL amps.
If you don't do yours first I'll let you know how it works

Old 06-17-2008, 02:51 PM
Hawaiian

cool bro good luck