Audio Port / Bluetooth, etc.

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2006, 07:14 AM
HSD Organic Interface
Question Audio Port / Bluetooth, etc.

I'm still in waiting mode, but my car is suppose to be ready tonight or tomorrow. But I was talking with someone about the TCH's audio system and he mentioned that he's getting a car stereo that allows you to plug in a 4GB flash drive directly into a USB port to play MP3s. It got me wondering just what are the capabilities of the audio port on the TCH. Anyone using it, exactly what kind of port is it? I was also wondering if the bluetooth functionality would allow any music playing with an MP3 compatible cell phone?

Old 06-15-2006, 08:59 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Audio Port / Bluetooth, etc.

There is an AUX jack behind a panel on the center console so you can plug in something with an RCA type connector. As far as I know there are no USB ports on the car (but wouldn't that be useful).

I haven't gotten my bluetooth phone yet, so I don't know about the music capabilities of it

Old 06-15-2006, 11:00 AM
Enthusiast

The AUX audio jack you are talking about is a 3.5mm RCA jack. I was able to plug my iPod and play music from the iPod that way. There is and radio setting that will take the input from that jack. I think any audion device (ie. MP3, cassette, etc) will work that way.

Old 06-15-2006, 11:24 AM
Active Enthusiast

Yeah, unless you replace your stereo, there's no way to control your iPod or any other audio device using the steering wheel controls. That's one thing that the HAH has on the TCH, but it's just that one. LOL.

Old 06-15-2006, 04:18 PM
Enthusiast

As I mentioned in another thread, for a possible source, go to coastaletech.com and follow the links to http://www.coastaletech.com/04prius.htm They have many mods for EV only mode, full-time power to the front 12V outlet, backup camera, and more. They are working on an iPod interface (they have pics of their beta tests). Yes, these are for the Prius, but I called and they are working to see if these will work on the TCH. They may be encouraged to work on this faster if we can guarantee them several orders.