Annoying Alert Message

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 03:04 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Annoying Alert Message

LOW WASHER FLUID! This message is so urgent that it has to display continuously and reappear almost instantly upon being "dismissed" by pressing the display button. Yes, I know I need washer fluid, thanks, but I would like to see my usual display while I am on the way to buy the darn washer fluid.

Old 10-26-2006, 04:25 PM
Default Re: Annoying Alert Message

Its funny. Mine just started this the other day and I was going to post about this. An alert when starting the car would be nice, however I dont need to be alerted 3 times on the way to work. ITS NOT THAT **** IMPORTANT!!

Old 10-26-2006, 05:46 PM
Active Enthusiast

I'm at about 4500 miles and my display keeps reminding me "maint req soon"! I'm hoping to get into the dealer this weekend the first oil change. Sure do hope they have 0w-20 synthetic!

Old 10-27-2006, 04:29 AM
Enthusiast

Had this on my VW. As the fluid sloshed around in the container, the warming would keep coming back, (Fast curves, quick stops etc.) Just got used to topping it off more frequently.

Old 10-27-2006, 09:19 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by charlesc
I'm at about 4500 miles and my display keeps reminding me "maint req soon"! I'm hoping to get into the dealer this weekend the first oil change. Sure do hope they have 0w-20 synthetic!
Try to change it before it hits 5,000 or else you'll be really annoyed - I went over 5,000 waiting for my service appointment and the darn Maintenance Required display stays on all the time! When you change the display screens, you see the screen you are trying to view for a few seconds then it goes right back to "Maintenance Required."

Old 10-27-2006, 09:24 AM

So it comes on at 4500 miles? I am 100 away from that.

Old 10-27-2006, 09:34 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FL07THC
So it comes on at 4500 miles? I am 100 away from that.
At 4500 miles it will come on and say something like "maintenance reqd" on the MFD, along with lighting a red triangle with an asterisk on the dash for a few seconds after startup. After that it's normal. However, once you hit 5000 miles it's as GreenHawaii points out with the display staying in that mode, giving you the other functions for a few seconds if you press the DISP button on the steering wheel.

You can reset it yourself, but it starts the internal 5000 mile countdown from when it's reset. So you'll be starting it early, but eliminating the hassle. I don't know if resetting it upon leaving the dealership will cause the 5000 mile countdown to reset.

Old 11-22-2006, 04:39 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Lilarienne
LOW WASHER FLUID! This message is so urgent that it has to display continuously and reappear almost instantly upon being "dismissed" by pressing the display button. Yes, I know I need washer fluid, thanks, but I would like to see my usual display while I am on the way to buy the darn washer fluid.
Boy, I should say it is annoying! I just hit bottom and it is constantly on. At least there is no annoying DING or BUZZ to go with it! It's raining right now but hopefully tomorrow when it is daytime and dry I can fill that hungry little puppy and have it quit flashing at me!

Thanks for the warning about the maintainence lights...why do I have in my head that I should have my oil changed at 3200 miles? I bought the lifetime free oil changes (4x per year) so perhaps that is where it is coming from?

Barb

Old 06-18-2007, 09:41 AM
Enthusiast

I am having the same issue. Maint Reqd is on all the time. I changed oil at 4500. Now I'm at 5800 and I cant get it to turn off.

no one has said HOW to reset it. Does anyone know?

Old 06-18-2007, 10:40 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Pull the fuse to the ECU or disconnect the 12v battery? Go to the dealer and have them clear the code? Not sure how it works. I'm at only 3200 miles.

Quick Reply: Annoying Alert Message

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands