2008 TCH Details

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 03:18 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default 2008 TCH Details

Just wondering if anyone has details of the 2008 TCH's. I noticed that there is some info on Tundrasolutions, but memership is required to read it. So... someone knows something.

Old 07-03-2007, 04:46 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 2008 TCH Details

Nothing really exciting as far as I can tell:
Steel wheel with full cap as standard - Aluminum with center ornament for 50th anniversary edition (I'm surprised to see that there is still a 50th ann. for 2008)

Total of ten colours (sorry for the speling - I'm Canadian), incl. one new one: Silver Metallic (isn't that what Titanium is already?)

For interior features, we're looking at urethane steering wheel and shift **** as standard for "Decont. pack" (whatever that is)

New diagnostic trouble codes for tire pressure warning system

New reduced capability head unit and speaker system added (6 speaker - head unit by Fujistsu - doesn;t incl. bluetooth or 6 disc changer)

Now, I'm not all that car-savvy, but I don't see any significant changes to the basic hybrid technology. If someone else knows more about that, please correct me.

Old 07-03-2007, 05:05 PM
Active Enthusiast

"New reduced capability head unit and speaker system added (6 speaker - head unit by Fujistsu - doesn;t incl. bluetooth or 6 disc changer)

Steel wheel with full cap as standard - Aluminum with center ornament for 50th anniversary edition (I'm surprised to see that there is still a 50th ann. for 2008)"

Seems like they are stripping stuff out of the Hybrid, unless this is for the base LE model. Might not be worth waiting for the 08 model.

Old 07-03-2007, 06:09 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Hmm..maybe they're making a "decontented " version for a lower price of entrance?...

Last edited by jbollt; 07-03-2007 at 06:13 PM.
Old 07-04-2007, 12:27 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jbollt
Hmm..maybe they're making a 'decontented' version for a lower price of entrance?...
That's how I see it. For the decont pack, stripped down radio (no cd changer, bluetooth), regular rear view mirror (no compass, auto dimmming), plastic sterring wheel and shift ****, steel wheels (not aluminum). This will be essentially the LE TCH vs the current XLE TCH

New tire pressure monitoring system for all TCH models.

There didn't seem to be any major feature differences between the standard and 50th Av versions and other than the TPMS nothing really new for current TCH owners.

Old 07-04-2007, 02:39 AM
Active Enthusiast

Trouble with a "decontented" vehicle is the comparison the not always so smart motoring correspondents will make between it and the most basic of Camrys. They do it now with comments like "how does anyone expect to make up the difference in cost through fuel savings?".
And why decontent anyway it's not like they are having trouble selling TCH's. Unless this is for the fleet or cab business but then why not just call it as such, "Cabby Special".

Old 07-04-2007, 05:40 AM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

I don't see any reference the the "Jasper Pearl" paint color for 2008 in the NCF document. They mention a "Light Green" which is probably the same thing as JP. I do wonder how different the new "Silver" is compared to the 2007 "Titanium".

Old 07-04-2007, 04:10 PM
Enthusiast

A local STL dealer indicated to me that Jasper Pearl would be dumped and replaced by Sky Blue Pearl.

Old 07-20-2007, 02:54 PM
Active Enthusiast

Hmm. I'm on the list here (Oregon) for a basic 2008 Barcelona Red TCH, since I don't want NAV or a moonroof. It's the earliest I could find one. So the question is -- will this be "decontented"? There is no price information yet. The dealer said that it would be basically identical to the 2007, but seeing this thread has me wondering. Perhaps the decontented version will be in Canada only? I should add that delivery is end of August (but it might be impacted by earthquake?).

Last edited by talmy; 07-20-2007 at 02:56 PM. Reason: addition
Old 07-20-2007, 05:56 PM
Active Enthusiast

www.fitzmall.com shows 2 of the 08's "on the way." There aren't any prices, but these are the features shown for one of the cars:

FEATURES
UPGRADE PACKAGE W/NAVIGATION - UT
ALUMINUM ALLOY WHEELS
AM/FM/CD CHANGER/MP3/BLUETOOTH
NAVIGATION SYSTEM
SATELLITE RADIO CAPABILITY
FEATURES AND INSTALLED OPTIONS
CF1 - CARPET/CARGO MAT SET
CQ - CONVIENCE PACKAGE
FE - 50 STATE EMISSION REQUIREMENT
LA - LEATHER PACKAGE W/POWER SEATS
SR - PWR TILT/SLIDE MOONROOF

Here is the other car:
UPGRADE PACKAGE - UP
ALUMINUM ALLOY WHEELS
AM/FM/CD CHANGER/MP3/BLUETOOTH
AUTO-DIMMING MIRROR
CARGO NET
HOMELINK
SATELLITE RADIO CAPABILITY
FEATURES AND INSTALLED OPTIONS
CF1 - CARPET/CARGO MAT SET
FE - 50 STATE EMISSION REQUIREMENT
HM - HEATED PWR OUTSIDE MIRRORS
SR - PWR TILT/SLIDE MOONROOF

It looks like wheels and Bluetooth will become an option. However, it is rolled into a larger package that you may or may not want.

Quick Reply: 2008 TCH Details

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands