2010 Ford Escape Hybrid Door Trim Panel Insert Replacement?

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 06:50 AM
Enthusiast
Question 2010 Ford Escape Hybrid Door Trim Panel Insert Replacement?

Hi,

Is it possible to replace the "Door Trim Panel Insert" (see picture) on a 2010 Ford Escape Hybrid?

If so, where would I find a replacement that matches my vehicle's interior trim color?

I recently bought a 2010 Ford Escape Hybrid that has a cigarette smell from the previous owner, and so I am interested in replacing the interior trim in order to remove the smell.

If it's not possible to replace I am willing to try deep cleaning and steam cleaning the trim, however, I would much rather replace it to fully eradicate the odor.

Thank you for reading!

Sincerely,
CB

I want to replace the piece of upholstery outlined in red. Possible? Cost estimate?

Old Yesterday, 04:49 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 2010 Ford Escape Hybrid Door Trim Panel Insert Replacement?

Febreeze. IIRC, there are even fragrance-free versions that just neutralize odor without adding their own stink.

Old Yesterday, 05:40 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: 2010 Ford Escape Hybrid Door Trim Panel Insert Replacement?

Hi S Keith,

Thank you for the reply. So far I have tried 2 ozone machine treatments, 2 chlorine dioxide bombs, and 1 interior detail deep clean... yet the cigarette smell persists. I know there are chemical sprays that temporarily mask the cigarette smell, however, I would rather spend ~$4500 to replace the entire interior rather than use chemical sprays because the cigarette smell is evil IMO and I want to eradicate the evil, not mask it.

I already have an appointment scheduled to get the seats, headliner, and upholstery replaced on Dec 6. I'm just trying to figure out about replacing the interior door trim panel inserts before then.

Thank you,
Chris