08 Tahoe hybrid

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2018, 12:36 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 08 Tahoe hybrid

153ILG0717O

4th digit is letter "I"
last digit is letter "O"

These modules were made 3/15/2007 and are all from the same pack. While that's no promise of balance, it's a good start.

Torque Pro Graphs are meaningless. You need to flag those 22 values for logging. You can export the raw data as a CSV file.

EDIT: I find the values easiest to display via the TINY digital gauge. SoC in XX.X%, Amps in XXX.X, Volts in XX.XX.

Last edited by S Keith; 06-08-2018 at 12:46 PM.
Old 06-08-2018, 12:42 PM
Enthusiast

Thank you

Old 06-11-2018, 10:49 AM
Enthusiast

Thank you

Old 06-11-2018, 02:15 PM
Enthusiast

I'm not sure how to get the CSV file copied to The Forum data very clear though I'll just send pics of the meters look for Bank 20.

Last edited by jimfleck; 06-11-2018 at 02:18 PM. Reason: Additional information
Old 06-11-2018, 02:25 PM
Enthusiast

Is the fan end the beginning of 1 through 40 or the end?
Engine running charging the pack number 20 way low.

Motor shutting off into Auto Stop mode. I use a lot of power high beams AC rear the defoggers. After waiting approximately 5 minutes engine restarts I noticed some banks directly improve their voltage and some banks experience a sharp loss the four increasing.
Seems like a reasonable group excluding Bank 20 I know it's more than .2 volt separation but I think that would be workable if I replace that bad modules.

Last edited by jimfleck; 06-11-2018 at 02:33 PM. Reason: Additional information
Old 06-11-2018, 03:45 PM

zip it. Zip files can be attached.

Old 06-11-2018, 08:58 PM

It's been a few hours now. Since nothing more is forthcoming thus far, I'll comment on what you've presented.

Bluntly, you've presented data indicative of a horrendous sh!tshow of a battery consistent with a battery in need of likely > 75% module replacement.

"a reasonable group excluding bank 20" is a completely incorrect assumption. You are making an assessment based on hope/desire rather than objective interpretation of data. Looking at the last picture alone, and discounting block 20, you can see a 15.2V to 16.3V range at the left side of the graph. That is atrocious particularly at the low currents involved. What's worse is that they are somewhat evenly spread through that whole range indicating pervasive damage and and/or imbalance. Your plan to replace 2-3 bad modules will have very short-lived results if any at all.

If replacing a few modules was an option, you would see a tight grouping with outliers. The fact that they are spread somewhat uniformly throughout the range means your pack is done.

Your pack is not the exception. Your data further supports what is thus far the rule with these batteries. Once they code, they are finished due to pervasive damage and deterioration.

Since you may not like my conclusion, or my delivery, I encourage you to post the zipped CSV so I can further demonstrate with hard numbers why you need to replace your battery pack, and stop wasting what I presume to be your valuable time for zero return.

Lastly, the fact that the car starts, runs, drives or does anything at all with a block at ~7V lends credence to the idea that the GM battery management system is very very bad. I hope that is an issue with the block 20 PID and not the actual block 20 voltage. The implications of running with a block that actually measures less than 1/2 of what it should are somewhat terrifying.

I recommend you check the PID for accuracy (is it missing a * 2?) AND measure the blocks at both ends of the battery since one or the other is block 20.

Last edited by S Keith; 06-11-2018 at 09:03 PM.
Old 06-11-2018, 10:44 PM
Enthusiast

Setting into the fact a good working pack will not display voltage variances beyond 0.2 volts.

I don't want to be the guy thinking I need to add alternator to fill my pack...

Good call checking my code behind block 20.
the equation should read A/10, I had A/20.
I will pull new data again, do my best to get it posted.

I do understand that my pack has big problems.

Old 06-12-2018, 06:36 AM

No need to acquire more data. Export and zip what you have. Block 20 values can simply be multiplied by 2.

Old 06-12-2018, 07:31 AM
Enthusiast

From what I can find my choice in the logs is to email them.
I can email them to myself but that does no good I can't email them to the Forum.
I can get to the files on my device the zip file and the Excel file even convert it to a PDF but they don't allow me to copy them to the clipboard that I could paste them into the forum.
using the add picture button there's URLs but I don't know how to link that to the data file.
lastly torque itself will allow communication to URLs also but I don't know how to link that directly to this thread in the Forum. I can screenshot that raw data but that's kind of Impractical to.

Quick Reply: 08 Tahoe hybrid

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands