Off Topic Politics, life, gadgets, people... gobbledygook.

Shop at Sears

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2006, 09:23 AM
Escape Hybrid Enthusiast
Default Shop at Sears

Let's all shop at Sears !!!!!!

I assume you have all seen the reports about how Sears is treating its reservist employees who are called up?

By law, they are required to hold their jobs open and available, but nothing more. Usually, people take a big pay cut and lose benefits as a result of being called up.

Sears is voluntarily going above and beyond by paying the difference in salaries and maintaining all benefits, including medical insurance and bonus programs, for all called up reservist employees for up to two years. I submit that Sears is an exemplary corporate citizen and should be recognized for its contribution.

I suggest we all shop at Sears, and be sure to find a manager to tell them why we are there so the company gets the positive reinforcement it well deserves.

The originator of this e-mail sent one to Sears to confirm the report and Received the following email.

Here is their answer to the email

“Dear Customer: Thank you for contacting Sears, The information is factual. We appreciate your positive feedback. Sears regards service to our country as one of greatest sacrifices our young men and women can make. We are happy to do our part to lessen the burden they bear at this time.

Bill Thorn
Sears Customer Care
webcenter@sears.com
1-800-349-4358”

“Please pass this on to all your friends, Sears needs to be recognized for this outstanding contribution and we need to show them, as Americans, we do appreciate what they are doing for our military!

It's Verified By Snopes[http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/sears.asp]

Last edited by VietVet'67; 08-01-2006 at 09:55 AM.
Old 08-02-2006, 07:09 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Shop at Sears

Good to know. Starbucks does the same thing (although I think it's just for a year.) I especially like how both these companies do this becuase it's the right thing to do, and don't plaster it all over their advertising.

Thanks for the info.