Off Topic Politics, life, gadgets, people... gobbledygook.

Selling my 2004 RX-8

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2006, 02:06 PM
Enthusiast
Default Selling my 2004 RX-8

I don't expect a lot of 'reads', esp until AFTER Seattle wins the Super Bowl - but, in order to eventually buy a Honda Civic Hybrid, I plan to sell my Velocity Red 2004 6-speed Mazda RX-8 over the next couple months. Already posted it at the rotary related website, but thought I'd give all here a chance at it. I doubt many would have an interest here - but some race / rally on the weekends in perfomance cars and save gas on the weekdays. SO - it's a Touring package - that's the middle package - has extra's like moonroof, Bose system, autodimming mirror, Xenon HID headlights, and a few others. Has 35K+ miles now, will need new tires soon, a few aftermarket goodies. If anyone is interested just PM me, or reply here. Looking to get about $20K if I sell to a forum member. And since those here DO care about mileage, mine gets about 21MPG average. My worst were about 15MPG on high speed weekends; best about 24 on strictly highway trips.

Old 02-06-2006, 06:53 PM
Hybrid Wanna-be
Default Re: Selling my 2004 RX-8

sounds like a nice car at a good price. I would be interested, but you said 'red.' Well, that's a no-go for me right there. My family and red cars have a notorious history....where 99% of the accidents are the non-red car's fault.

I'm actually looking for a little Toyota Corolla S, Nissan Sentra SE-R, or Mazda 3. Still get that performance when you want it and can get 30+ MPG on the highway. (with the corolla standard, over 40)

Old 02-07-2006, 02:32 PM
Enthusiast

I totally understand. There IS something about sports cars (i.e. Porsche 944, 911; Vettes; RX-8s and to a lesser extent RX-7s), particularly Red versions, that causes some drivers in the vicinity of said sports car to drive unusually aggressive. More often than not it's a truck. They have to pass you, slam on the brakes in front of you, pull out of side streets in front of you, etc. Don't know why, but I can verify the phenomenon!

Old 02-07-2006, 07:11 PM
Hybrid Wanna-be

What is really funny is that none of the red cars were sports cars:

My 1984 Mazda P/U - someone pulled in front of me

Mom's 1992 Old's 88
-- rear ended
-- security guard in parking lot stopped, put the truck in reverse and backed into her.
-- she backed into a fire hydrant

Brother's 1989 Chevy Caprice
-- teenager pulled out in front of him

Brother's 1999 Ford Ranger (over 4 years)
-- Rear Ended
-- Hit on right rear corner someone trying to squeeze by
-- rear ended in drive through fast food joint
-- he rear ended a Dodge truck and totalled it

Brother-n-law's 1995 Saturn
-- Rear ended by an 18-wheeler

My 1989 Camaro Convertible
-- Well, actually nothing, I had it for 3 years and technically it was "maroon"

I don't think that I missed any red cars in my family, although my cousin did just buy (1 month ago) a 1990 Red Mustang....good luck to him

Good luck with your sale, I had been pricing some RX-8's and one in your condition was going for over $20K, so that's a real good price and the "3rd door" is kind of neat, too.

Last edited by sivart; 02-07-2006 at 07:14 PM.