Off Topic Politics, life, gadgets, people... gobbledygook.

is300

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2004, 06:35 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

yay!!!! im driving an IS300 for 2 weeks instead of my crappy audi!
cleaner! yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaay!
more mpg! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY !

Old 06-30-2004, 04:22 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Flare,
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! for YOU!
LOL
Cheers,
Steven

(lucky!)

Old 07-01-2004, 06:12 AM

hahaha thanks stevo i'm having fun driving it. Its a little heavy.. 3200 but it packs a lot of power. they call it the mini supra b/c it has the same engine as the supra without the turbos

steering is great though! although.. it is kind of small inside. Lots smaller than the prius. I wonder if i could make the prius drive like this.. that would feel so good

Old 07-01-2004, 07:09 PM

Hi Flare:

___I test drove an IS about a year ago ($50.00 Gift Certificate for PDA SW) and didn’t like it myself. The plastic cross hash pattern dash looked like something from an inexpensive GM automobile and it felt very heavy. I liked the exterior (quasi hopped up 3 series) but it was as rough riding as my Insight in max mileage form.

___The LS on the other hand was very very nice My age is showing, isn’t it …

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___Waynegerdes@earthlink.net

Old 07-01-2004, 09:00 PM

Really Wayne?
I thought it was a smoother ride than the audi. It certainly takes bumps a lot better than the audi

I'll have to look at the dash tomorrow

one thing i dont like is the way the speedometer area (forget what its called ) the dashboard shape around it looks bad

Old 07-01-2004, 09:06 PM

Hi Flare:

___I don’t know about the Audi’s you have driven but the IS didn’t have nearly as nice a ride as the Corolla or the MDX. It drove like a train on rails in terms of handling for the 5 or so miles I drove it but it rode just a bit better or the same as the Insight w/ ~ 50 #’s in the RE92’s which isn’t that great

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes

Old 07-02-2004, 05:35 AM

Hahahahaha, once again it is proven that my audi SUCKS!
i think i need to inflate the tires on the audi.

did you like the handling of the IS though? and i wonder if you had the sport what-cha-ma-callit, cause my cousin's is just a normal 2001 automatic

Old 07-02-2004, 03:04 PM

Hi Flare:

___It was the Auto unfortunately. It handled well but at the expense of ride comfort in a very big way. Very un-Lexus like imho.

___As for your Audi, if it is giving you dependable service and receives decent mileage, I wouldn’t say it sucks in the least. One day you might say your Hybrid or other next vehicle choice sucks when the next latest and greatest comes around. All this creates is a license to the poor house which is exactly where the automobile manufacturers want us

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes

Old 07-03-2004, 12:12 AM

I've always disliked that car even before I was interested in cars. Before I even heard the word Prius before. That car gives me trouble because its old. Once, the timing belt broke and now engine check lights and poor mileage are some of my problems.

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands