Off Topic Politics, life, gadgets, people... gobbledygook.
View Poll Results: Hybrid owner - driver IQs?
Don't care or non-hybrid
28.00%
<90
4.00%
91-100
0%
101-110
0%
111-120
4.00%
121-130
8.00%
131-140
16.00%
141-150
20.00%
151-160
12.00%
>161
8.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Hybrid IQs?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2006, 02:46 PM
Engineering first
Cool Hybrid IQs?

Given how many posted to the Mensa thread, this one naturally follows. Sorry, hybrid owner/drivers only.

Bob Wilson

Old 03-25-2006, 03:00 PM
Super Moderator & Contributor ($)
Default Re: Hybrid IQs?

I've got a buddy that is a 165 in his bad areas. I normally consider myself pretty sharp but this guy makes me look like a dolt. Fortunately he is pretty young so my age is an advantage. Age and treachery always overcomes youth and skill.

Old 03-25-2006, 09:01 PM
04 prius 350,000km

IQ doesn't mean squat in the real world. You think triple digits are going to help you in the working world?

Dream on...

Old 03-26-2006, 06:50 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Phil, so true. Speaking as someone who just entered the "real world," corporate culture is a real disappointment when it comes to who goes up the ladder and who is left to rot in a cubicle.

At this point I'm infinitely more concerned with my FE numbers than my IQ.

Old 03-26-2006, 06:51 AM
Hybrid True Believer

Not that I give a **** about IQ. I'm the "stupid" one of the family (me: 135; them: 160+). But at least I use what I've got. Mom and dad are unemployed drunks, my sister is a loan shark, and my brother is a lazy bum who actually believes he's "too smart" for working.

But hey, I'm the "dummy" but I have a job and two books in print!

Old 03-27-2006, 11:19 AM
Engineering first

What happens to a poll after they close?

The reason I ask is I've noticed other polls seemed to 'evaporate' after they close. So I was wondering if the results of this poll need to be put in a new thread so it will be archived. BTW, I find it hard to believe simular polls on hybrid-electric drivers haven't been conducted in the past. A collection of these unscientific polls might make interesting reading.

One obvious self-selection is the hybrid electric owner or driver has to be bright enough to find "GreenHybrid.com" and post to this poll. That alone is probably worth 20 points . . .

Bob Wilson

Old 03-27-2006, 12:44 PM
Enthusiastically Active

I've never taken an IQ test.... what is the point? Besides, requesting people to post their IQ on an internet message board should yield similar results to those matchmaker sites which ask for description of your body type/appearance. Everyone is somehow several inches taller and built like a body-builder.

My IQ is a 170 by the way

Old 03-28-2006, 06:13 AM
Engineering first
Thumbs up Re: Hybrid IQs?

Hi,
Originally Posted by Archslater
I've never taken an IQ test.... what is the point?
All of the services give IQ tests to their recruits in bootcamp which gives the GCT score with simular scale to IQ tests. The GCT score is used along with the current manning requirements to assign recruits to their military occupation specialty. High scorers go to the more expensive training schools.

In 1972, I wrote a paper for a night school course and ran a GCT analysis for three job skill groups in my Marine support company. A Marine support company, unlike a combat unit, is oversized and has a mix of jobs. Our company included:

1. Warehouse supply - distribution was skewed low with a peak in the 90s.
  2. Clerks and all others - normal distribution with a peak about 100.
  3. Data processing - two humps with a large, skewed distribution with a minimum of 120 and peak just above 130 and a second, smaller normal distribution that peaked around 110. The larger distribution was associated with E5 and below, first enlistment Marines. The smaller distribution was E6 and above, those who had re-enlisted for data processing.
Originally Posted by Archslater
Besides, requesting people to post their IQ on an internet message board should yield similar results to those matchmaker sites which ask for description of your body type/appearance. Everyone is somehow several inches taller and built like a body-builder. . . .
Simular complaints have been lodged against the voluntary 'hybrid database' yet there it is. For the most part, the data is quite usable although I drop out the small number of tank reports. Regardless, this IQ poll has an 'opt out' option for those who don't or shouldn't participate.

In a perfect world, all vehicles would record their MPG performance and dump it at the pump. Folks who got better than EPA numbers would get a 5 cent per gallon discount. All others would pay pump rate. This would encourage driving for higher MPG across the board for all vehicles.

Bob Wilson

Old 03-28-2006, 03:33 PM
Super Moderator & Contributor ($)

Originally Posted by bwilson4web
In a perfect world, all vehicles would record their MPG performance and dump it at the pump. Folks who got better than EPA numbers would get a 5 cent per gallon discount.
Bob Wilson
It has been a long, long time since 5 cents would motivate me or anyone else I know to do anything, how about half price gas for hypermilers?

Old 03-28-2006, 11:13 PM
Engineering first
Thumbs up Re: Hybrid IQs?

Originally Posted by lakedude
It has been a long, long time since 5 cents would motivate me or anyone else I know to do anything, how about half price gas for hypermilers?
I figured it would come out of the Federal gas tax. To keep it revenue neutral, add a penny but refund five cents for those who drive wisely. There are folks who hate taxes so bad they'll bust a gut to avoid paying one extra penny . . . the very ones who need to start thinking MPG.

Bob Wilson

Quick Reply: Hybrid IQs?

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands