Off Topic Politics, life, gadgets, people... gobbledygook.

hahahaha suburban hahahahaha

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2005, 11:41 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default hahahaha suburban hahahahaha

Yesterday on my way home i was stopped at a stoplight next to a suburban with the driver as the only passenger. He crept away from the stoplight so slowly, I could see his face in my rearview mirror. I can just think of the thoughts running through his head as I whirred past him.

I know he was thinking "he cant really be getting 50 mpg driving like that"...but I am and I love every bit of it. Especially while I drive by the station 200 miles into a tank with 500 miles to go and gaze at the 3.399/gal price.

Thank you so much hybrid.

Old 08-31-2005, 12:17 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: hahahaha suburban hahahahaha

You know, this rapid ramp-up in prices is costing me EASY 50 cents daily.

bwahhahhhhhhh !!!!

Is that the kind of gloating you are looking for ?

Old 08-31-2005, 12:20 PM
Banned

I've seen a number of drivers with wheels like the Suburban drive it like it was a nimble mini-Cooper. Maybe they will consider a trade-in for a mini-Cooper.

Old 08-31-2005, 04:18 PM

The other day I saw a big Expedition go around a corner at a decent speed while peeling out on slightly wet pavement, causing the thing to nearly flip over as he sped off... Even though we pay more up here it's not sinking in for a lot of people.

Old 09-01-2005, 06:33 AM

A lot of mi big-SUV-driving coworkers claim that they are still willing to pay the higher price for gas in exchange for the safety the big vehicle offers. Yet all they are talking about is how much gas costs. Every day someone in the office here asks me about the Hybrid and how it does, etc. It is amazing the number of people who know nothing about Hybrids or have bogus information such as having to plug it in, higher maintenance costs, marginal milage increases, etc.

I think $3 a gallon is a major psychological breaking point for a lot of people. We'll see.....