Off Topic Politics, life, gadgets, people... gobbledygook.

Bought a 06 Civic EX Sedan, 5MT, Navi, Silver

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2005, 02:05 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Bought a 06 Civic EX Sedan, 5MT, Navi, Silver

Dealer would not move off MSRP on a Si. So I went with this car. its a wonderful car and hard to justify a Accord. I paided $19185.50 OTD at Mark Roberts in Bartlesville, Ok. The car drives just like the 05 accord we have. No rattle or squeaks,,, yet. wind and road noise seem to be the same in both cars. its just as comphy as our Accord and i venture to say its just as fast. the 5MT helps in the zippy dept. I sinned with 50 miles in the car. Riped it thru 3rd at WOT and shifted at redline. Then not a mile down the road had to jump on the brakes as a deer came up to the shoulder of the hwy. So breakin went out the window. so to speak.

I would have never thought I would have got one of the Sedans. Hybrid was out when it only came with cvt and rear drum brakes. I paid no attention to them past that point. It was all coupe or Si. Or another Accord. Was quite taken by the car when I saw it. Navi is GREAT! its been spot on. Almost to easy to use. Audio is ok. Speaker upgrade is a must. Only complaint I have is theres not a trip computer in the Navi that I can find.

On the trip back from the dealer on the dealer filled tank I got 37 mpg. When i got back to Okmulgee I refilled. Let the pump click off at 2.8 gal. Then bumped it to 3 gal. Has to be pretty close to a dealer fill for a mpg check. Its what I started the database on. I have a feeling this car will hypermile real nice. And go good when asked to.

I will pull the dealer sticker off and shave the civic badge off Friday. Give it a good claying, polish, waxing. Scotch guard the seats and carpet/mats. Detail under the hood. Get it ready for the winter. Also will raise front tire psi to 40 and rears to 38 and see how it does.

Be good
psy

Old 12-23-2005, 04:27 AM
04 prius 350,000km
Default Re: Bought a 06 Civic EX Sedan, 5MT, Navi, Silver

nice 37 and not breaking in yet... interested to see how this progresses. What are your driving techniques?

Old 12-23-2005, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by philmcneal
nice 37 and not breaking in yet... interested to see how this progresses. What are your driving techniques?
None. It was the trip home from the dealer. I redlined it 3 times. I also coasted it afew times. coasted ice off once. The 37 mpg Im sure is a fluke. 112 miles @ 3g off a dealer fill. I tried to replecate there fill. You know they wont stuff one full. Gas gauge was at 3/4 tank. so i can only hope it was close to right.

If they had just stuck IMA, auto off and hybrid compressor on mine.

Old 12-23-2005, 08:19 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

My lifetime mpg on a '94 MT Civic was 39 - 40, so I'd say you have a good chance to stay in the high 30's FE, but maybe not much more, because the civic has grown a lot in size and weight in the last decade.

Old 12-24-2005, 01:11 AM

A pic of the car.

http://www.psyshack.com/4side.jpg

Old 12-24-2005, 03:13 PM
G.H. Contributor
Thumbs up Re: Bought a 06 Civic EX Sedan, 5MT, Navi, Silver

Originally Posted by psyshack
Jeff; Nice Pic. of Civic and it appears to be in (Alabaster Silver Metallic) Color. That is the same color of my incoming HCH ll and I really like it because it will be easy to keep clean and want be so "HOT" this summer.

Nice;

Terry

BTW: Nothing Like A New Ride:

Old 12-26-2005, 08:17 AM

Well folks,,, Im very dissapointed in how this car coast down hills. It coast almost as bad as my Ranger. Tires are at 41 psi front and 39 psi rear. I jacked the car up and checked to see if there was a draging caliper . All seems fine there. Ive only seen it gain mph once on a coast and that was down a steep hill and that was only 1 mph. Same hill same entrance speed and the Accord will gain 5 mph.

On a bright note it load drives far better than the Accord. Maintains speed pulling up hills better than Accord. I would have to say this due to the lower final drive of the 5MT and the fact its almost always pulling more rpms than Accord at any hwy speed.

Its been so much fun to drive that hypermiling it hasnt been done much except for basic testing. I will get to drive it to work 4 days this week. so that will give me a chance to put 400+ miles on it and see just how it will behave when working with it on my normal routes. But the lack of coast is worrying me a bit. Coasting and load driveing are a huge part of my tech. Also seeing it dosent coast worth a darn at this point makes p&g near worthless also.

http://www.psyshack.com/1pair.jpg

Old 12-26-2005, 10:12 AM

Part of the coasting problem might be the new tires. Maybe in a few thousand miles the tires will wear down a bit so they will coast better. You probably already know that though.

Old 12-27-2005, 06:06 PM

I drove it to work today. Started out the day with a new fresh start. Was going to drive the car right and work on mpg. ****ed if i didnt blow it. A kid with a civic in front of me at a toll booth had a fart can, carbon fiber hood wheels and a drop on a older Civic. He begged,, I smoked his frickin chillie with the stock 8th gen. Poor car only has 650 miles on it and i cant keep my foot out of it to save its life! Im going to blow it up before its broken in.

I feel like a gambler that just lost the farm......

Old 12-30-2005, 09:14 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

--

Last edited by xcel; 12-02-2007 at 07:16 PM.

Quick Reply: Bought a 06 Civic EX Sedan, 5MT, Navi, Silver

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands