Daytime Running Lights

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 07:52 AM
Enthusiast
Default Daytime Running Lights

Does the NAH come with daytime running lights?

Brian

Old 07-15-2007, 08:53 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Daytime Running Lights

They do in Canada but not the US.

I was looking in the fuse/relay box up in the driver's side of the engine compartment and there is a fuse labeled "DRL" and it is installed. On the cover of the box there is a diagram that shows a relay labeled "DRL" as well but I don't think it's installed. Perhaps if you could figure out where the socket for that relay is located - I can't - and install it then they might work in the US version.

It would probably reduce your FE - probably not much(?) - as it would be an additional load for the battery.

Old 07-15-2007, 09:47 AM
Enthusiast

Thanks for the reply.
My Prius doesn't have them either so I usually run with the headlights on. I think they definitely provide an extra safety factor. In this case DRL's would give me better FE.

Brian

Old 07-15-2007, 03:03 PM
Enthusiast

Let us know if you come up with anything. I'd like to mod mine too, if we can figure it out.

-Gren

Old 07-15-2007, 03:54 PM
Enthusiast

I went out ant took a test drive this afternoon in a fully loaded Altima and loved it. Unfortunately the hybrid isn't being sold here in Florida and I was told they had no idea when it would be available.
Bummer.

Brian

Old 07-15-2007, 07:17 PM
Active Enthusiast

I don't think it would be that easy to activate the DRL in the US version of the NAH now that I've looked at the service manual. The DRL's relay is located in the right front of the engine compartment kind of near the engine coolant reservoir. I don't see any kind of relay socket or wiring in that area so I would assume that the wiring harness for the US version doesn't have that connection.

I think DRL do help with accident prevention and it's a shame the US version doesn't have them. BTW, the service manual explains that the DRL only run at half power so they wouldn't be that big of a voltage drain.

Old 07-20-2007, 01:21 PM
Need a Plug

NO, also NO Fog Lights and NO led tail lights Boo and Bad But has a backup camera Yea and very limited voice contro for the NAV and Phone BOO but has one touch windows for passanger YEA

Old 07-20-2007, 09:56 PM
Active Enthusiast

I don't think Nissan has "embraced" DRL's in general for whatever reason. Guess they're trying to emulate the Germans. ACHTUNG!

Old 07-21-2007, 03:16 PM
Need a Plug

No.

They don't sell NAH in Arizona either but I got one. Just be a bit creative and you will have a "Gator" hybrid Altima in your garage.

Old 07-21-2007, 06:32 PM
Enthusiast

Congratulations on you new ride.
I was in the market for a new car now and couldn't find out when the NAH would be available in Florida. There are no states even close enough to go to and check one out.
So I put a deposit on a Toyota Camry hybrid yesterday.
Couldn't wait

Brian

Quick Reply: Daytime Running Lights

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands