Journalism & The Media Television, radio, movies, newspapers, magazines, the Internet and more.

Toyota/GM Tech Partnership Ending

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2006, 11:31 AM
Banned
Default Toyota/GM Tech Partnership Ending

While largely symbolic, the Toyota/GM technology partnership formed in 1999 is ending in April. While the article suggests it should continue, the questions should be: "was either automaker willing to show and tell?". There is not enough content to place blame at either or both companies.

MSNBC Article

Old 02-25-2006, 04:01 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Toyota/GM Tech Partnership Ending

Originally Posted by Delta Flyer
While largely symbolic, the Toyota/GM technology partnership formed in 1999 is ending in April. While the article suggests it should continue, the questions should be: "was either automaker willing to show and tell?". There is not enough content to place blame at either or both companies.

MSNBC Article
i'd put some money on NIH on GM's part [reluctance to do anything tha's "Not Invented Here" -- inside GM, that is.], but i really don't know.

now, if GM put some engineers onto designing an Atkinson-Cycle V8 hemi-head 7-liter engine for the Corvette, my interest might perk up a bit....

imnsho, GM quality has been in the pits for about three decades or more, and most of their body designs look like they came from kids who didn't make it to graduation from the "artistically-challenged kids" school.... except for some stunningly creative pontiacs and occasionally some camaro rear-end treatments.

as long as GM is cost-driven and not customer-satisfaction driven, they won't be able to learn from anyone, on either side of the Atlantic or Pacific.

imsnho....

Old 02-25-2006, 10:01 PM
Prof. of Hybridology
Default Re: Toyota/GM Tech Partnership Ending

A Free Press blurb the other day in the Business section said that from Toyota's angle, they weren't getting anything out of it, and weren't interested in Hydrogen research with GM.