Journalism & The Media Television, radio, movies, newspapers, magazines, the Internet and more.

Michael D. Dabrowski - inventor

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 03:29 AM
Engineering first
Talking Michael D. Dabrowski - inventor

http://www.telegram.com/article/2008...803030568/1116

. . .
Mr. Dabrowski is referred to as the “Insight guru” for a system he has developed that can get as much as 100 miles per gallon from the Honda Insight, a hybrid electric automobile the company stopped making in 2006. The car had an EPA rating of 57 mpg.
. . .
That example is a system he developed and calls a Manual Integrated Motor Assist system, which allows the driver to control the automobile’s gas-to-electric ratio to boost gasoline mileage an average 10 percent to 20 percent on Insights.

He said about 60 Insights in the United States, England and Australia use the $750 system, and that there is a waiting list.

Mr. Dabrowski also developed a fifth wheel — an electric wheel — that drops down from the car’s trunk to generate electricity to run the car. That invention, which he does not sell, allows his car to run almost purely on electricity and can get 180 miles per gallon or more at slow speeds on flat roads, he said.
. . .
Mike sounds like my kind of character. I've followed his work from his web pages with admiration.

Bob Wilson

Last edited by bwilson4web; 03-03-2008 at 03:36 AM.
Old 03-03-2008, 11:12 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Michael D. Dabrowski - inventor

I met Mike a few times when I used to live on the east coast, very inventive guy!