Journalism & The Media Television, radio, movies, newspapers, magazines, the Internet and more.

Conversion on the road to Damascus

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2007, 04:44 AM
Engineering first
Default Conversion on the road to Damascus

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/05/19/bu...=1&oref=slogin
. . .
Now Mr. Lutz, known by his “Maximum Bob” nickname around Detroit, says he has a new dream car.

Speaking at a taping of “Wait Wait ...Don’t Tell Me!” the quiz program on National Public Radio, Mr. Lutz declared Thursday night that the Chevrolet Volt, the hybrid-electric concept car that G.M. unveiled at this year’s Detroit auto show, may be among the most important vehicles that G.M. has ever developed.

“This is now what I’m more excited about than I was about the Dodge Viper,” Mr. Lutz said. “I think this can bring about the revolution and really make us independent of foreign oil and solve all the other problems.”

The show airs Saturday nationwide.
. . .
I have a Prius oil change and testing scheduled for Saturday but if I'm in the car, I'll check PBS radio from time to time. It is curious that Lutz showed up on Michael Feldman's quiz program and not Car Talk.

Bob Wilson