Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

Red TCH had my name on it!

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2006, 07:08 PM
Enthusiast
Default Red TCH had my name on it!

Hi to all,

Last Tuesday my husband and I started surfing the web for info on the Prius (for myself) and found this excellent site. On Wednesday we were able to view a couple of 2005/2006 models. I understood that there was going to be a wait for this car and had no problem with that but I did not want to place my order without test driving one first. So Friday afternoon I called to make an appointment to test drive the Prius with the intention of purchasing a fully loaded model. My salesman told me that I could come down immediately for a test drive.

At the dealership, I inquired about leather seats for the Prius and was told that they did not offer the factory installed leather seat package but they could install something very similar. My salesman started adding up the cost of a fully loaded Prius plus dealer-installed leather seats. He then mentioned that he had a fully loaded Camry hybrid in the same price range, would I be interested in taking a look at it. The unit came in three days ago and the lady who ordered the vehicle took one look at the Barcelona Red metallic and said 'no way!'

As soon as we saw the 'Candy Apple red' car we went wow! It had heated bisque leather seats, nav & moonroof. I was a bit uneasy about it's larger size so my salesman encouraged me to take it out for a test drive. Well the TCH sold itself! I didn't realize how little time I had to finalize the deal until another customer who had been interested in the car returned for a second look while we were filling out the paperwork. As soon as we signed the papers, our salesman quickly retrieved the keys and we took ownership of this TCH, #014810. I guess this vehicle had my name on it!

Old 08-24-2006, 01:22 PM
Vegetarian
Default Re: Red TCH had my name on it!

Sounds like I don't have to tell you to enjoy your car, you were enjoying it before you even bought it. When I bought my HCH the dealer siad they got 5 calls about it while we were there doing paperwork. The early bird get the hybrid, eh?