Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

New HCH April 30th

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2005, 11:10 AM
Enthusiast
Default New HCH April 30th

My name's Sheila and I drive from the east bay into, and across, the city of San Francisco each day. My 2000 Nissan Xterra was paid off, my son was drooling to buy it from me (he's got a couple mile commute) and gas is now hitting over $2.60 pretty consistently here (except Costco, where you can find it for $2.49).

Anyhow, we were leaving Costco Saturday after shopping and filling the Xterra. We stopped in a dealership in Concord, CA to see what they were selling for (we had test driven both the Civic and the Prius, and while the Prius was really nice, the view out the back was a little too obstructed for my liking- I like to be able to see the whole road). I knew Honda was coming out with an all new Civic in '06, and had planned to wait, but they had two CVT's on the lot-

One was promised to someone, it was white with a full tan aftermarket leather interior- really soft and luxurious, made the interior feel more like a Mercedes or something (seats, door panels, console cover- really neat). Kidding around, I told the salesman if he would throw the aftermarket leather into the other one he had on the lot (a dark blue CVT) and give it to me for MSRP, I'd take it.

It ended up being like $120 over the MSRP. We were out of there with a new car before the frozen food became warm!

Monday I got 45 mpg; Tuesday increased that to 46.5 mpg, then had to bring it in for the leather install. I should have it back Friday afternoon- can't wait.
My husband and I are now in a race to see who gets the better mileage on it-

Old 05-05-2005, 11:52 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: New HCH April 30th

Great Move!! I'd love to see that leather, from your description !! Congrats !!

Old 05-05-2005, 01:04 PM
Site Founder

Congrats on the new car. It's definitely time for that Civic redesign. When hybrids sell for MSRP... what is the world coming to?

Old 05-05-2005, 09:08 PM
Super Moderator & Contributor ($)

Originally Posted by Sheila
My name's Sheila ....
My husband and I are now in a race to see who gets the better mileage on it-
Wow he is a lucky guy. Most of us can't stand to let anyone else drive our hybrids because the it seems like only one half of most couples care about the mileage.

Old 05-06-2005, 09:53 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

LakeDude, you have just peered into my soul.

Old 05-10-2005, 04:58 PM
Contributor ($)

Sheilae,
You are so lucky to have a husband who competes with you for mileage. Too often my wife thinks I'm crazy. She's happy with getting 60 mpg when I know our Insight can do much more.