Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

New FEH owner...

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 08:41 PM
Enthusiast
Default New FEH owner...

Just thought I'd say hi to everyone. My wife and I are proud owners of a 06 FEH. I just spent about 3 hours just reading things on this forum. I have lots to learn still. Look forward to learning and sharing info.

Old 09-07-2008, 07:48 PM
Engineering first
Default Re: New FEH owner...

Welcome to the CLUB!
Originally Posted by Baedarlboo
Just thought I'd say hi to everyone. My wife and I are proud owners of a 06 FEH. I just spent about 3 hours just reading things on this forum. I have lots to learn still. Look forward to learning and sharing info.
Sounds interesting, you bought used? Any particulars to share?

GOOD LUCK!
Bob Wilson

Old 09-08-2008, 05:12 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bwilson4web
Welcome to the CLUB!

Sounds interesting, you bought used? Any particulars to share?

GOOD LUCK!
Bob Wilson
Yes we bought it used. Wife was tired of the Mini Cooper. We have a 110lbs Lab, and the mini just wasn't working out . She has been wanting a larger car for a while, but didn't want to increase gas consumption. Looked at a few prius, highlander, and escapes, but non were up to her liking, as far as option and color. As we passed by a dealer, she saw a silver hybrid escape (don't ask me how she spotted it) and wanted to take a look. The rest is history. Dealer spent 4 hours trying to negotiate with us, and finally gave in to my wifes demands.
06 FEH just about all the options minus a navi.

Old 09-08-2008, 08:10 AM
Engineering first
Wink Re: New FEH owner...

. . . Dealer spent 4 hours trying to negotiate with us, and finally gave in to my wifes demands. . . .
Wise man ... I've been married 31 years.

Bob Wilson

Old 09-08-2008, 10:20 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bwilson4web
Wise man ... I've been married 31 years.

Bob Wilson
Wow, you've been married as long as I've been alive....LOL

Old 09-08-2008, 03:10 PM
Banned

Welcome to the forum!

Old 09-08-2008, 03:41 PM
Engineering first
Thumbs up Re: New FEH owner...

I would like to also welcome, Travis@DICE:
Originally Posted by Travis@DICE
Welcome to the forum!
Travis is one of the first 'sponsoring members' to GreenHybrid, a new program by Internet Brands to bring value to our members and support the GreenHybrid web site. Sad to say, some of us (me) didn't 'get the memo' but it has been straightened out.

As many of you know, moderators are charged with preserving the value of GreenHybrid by removing SPAM in all of its forms. The moderators now have a mechanism to verify 'sponsoring members' and I would encourage anyone who wishes to join Travis in supporting GreenHybrid to contact Internet Brands about the terms and conditions.

Thanks,
Bob Wilson

Old 09-08-2008, 09:32 PM
Enthusiast

Sweet, I'm using a DICE Ipod integration in my VW Jetta. I have not seen one out for the FEH though

Old 09-09-2008, 08:58 AM
Banned

Sweet, I'm using a DICE Ipod integration in my VW Jetta. I have not seen one out for the FEH though
Glad you are familiar with our company and our products.

Take it easy on me I am still trying to learn the abrivations here. I am taking it that FEH stands for Ford Escape Hybrid.

At this time we do not have a Ford specific interface. We do how ever have a universal solution for any car, truck, SUV, or van out there. We have just recently came out with a kit called the FMRDS kit.

There are 2 different style of kits that we offer like this. Our best selling kit is the hard wired kit. It will go inline with the FM antanna wires and it will still get hard wired into the power and ground system of the vehicle so it will still charge the iPod. With this kit it does broadcast over the FM frequency. Our kit has four different station to be able to pick from so you can choose the station that works best in your area. If your radio supports RDS information.(displaying text on the display when listening to fm radio stations) Our kit will also display the text from your iPod onto the radio display for you.

The second option that we offer is great for portable options. It workes just like the hardwired but this one is portable so it just plugs into the cig. lighter of the car. It will still display text information if you have the RDS system in the car and it will still charge your iPod.

Let me know if you have any questions about this kit or it is on our website under the universal iPod car section.