Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

New Camry Hybrid Owner - Questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2006, 11:42 AM
07 Camry Hybrid
Default New Camry Hybrid Owner - Questions

I have a video ipod I would love to hook up to the aux connection in my new camry (11/2/06) - What kind of a connection cable thing do I need? The aux hookup looks like a headphone jack - but the only cable I have for my ipod is the usb cable for my pc...

The bluetooth, navigation and backup camera all work like a charm - now I just need to get my ipod hooked up and I'll be a happy girl!

Thanks for any and all help!

Old 11-04-2006, 11:53 AM
Engineering first
Default Re: New Camry Hybrid Owner - Questions

Welcome to the club, again!

You might post your question in the Camry forum.

GOOD LUCK!

Bob Wilson

Old 11-08-2006, 02:58 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I play my Archos MP3 player through the TCH using a standard 1/8 inch stereo mini plug cable.

Old 11-20-2006, 07:05 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nash
I play my Archos MP3 player through the TCH using a standard 1/8 inch stereo mini plug cable.
I bought the same basic cable for $5 at Best Buy. The iPod sounds great. But, all this type of cable does is let you play through the stereo, you cannot control the iPod on screen. Volume control does work. To be able to use the controls on the stereo and charge the iPod you need a kit. Check the Apple store for some ideas or do a Google search - iPod to Car. Be prepared to pay $$.
I don't spend enough time in my car to make a kit worth the investment. If I'm on a long trip, there's always someone in the front seat who can do that stuff for me.
~rule