Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

My first NEW car Prius Red Package #7 Portsmouth Ohio

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2005, 02:38 PM
Enthusiast
Default My first NEW car Prius Red Package #7 Portsmouth Ohio

Long time reader first time poster.

Just got a call today that my Barcelona Red Package #7 is in. I did not wait as long as some of you have on ordering but i've been wanting to buy one since 2000. I finaly got a really good job in July 2005 working for a local hospital as computer systems operator. I saved up some money and went down to my local Toyota dealer on 2005/12/07 to put my deposit down hoping for a delivery before June 2006. Told him what I wanted (silver, red, package 6). They called me back the next day with what they had on the way. He asked me if he gave me a deal on a red #7 if I would take it. Told him I would think about it. The next day I call back with a few questions and he gave me a price on the red #7 of $27,400 with a few extra goodies and delivery before the end of the month. I asked him if he would hold it until Jan 2nd. He said yes and we had a deal. They got a red package #4 in on 2005/12/12 so I scheduled a test drive for that day. I loved that car. I was getting around 45mpg on my 15min drive. If it only had the stuff I wanted I would have taken it on the spot. I got a call today 2005/12/27 that my prius was here! I went down to take a look. I did not take it for a drive because I did not have the time but also told them that if I did take it for a drive I may not come back I'm waiting for the tax credit. I also took some pictures which can be view here http://www.jaygroh.com Warning to dialup users. The pictures are 8megapixls! This is going to be one long week in my crappy white 1986 Dodge 800 SE.

Old 12-27-2005, 03:19 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: My first NEW car Prius Red Package #7 Portsmouth Ohio

Let me be the first to congratulate you! Sweet car, great turnaround, too!

Don't forget to post your tanks/mileage in the database!!!!

Don

Old 12-27-2005, 06:42 PM
Contributor ($)

theforce,
I'm sure you'll enjoy that "new car smell". I'm sure ti will be much different than the Dodge 800 SE smell.
Welcome to GreenHybrid!

Old 01-02-2006, 04:28 PM
Enthusiast

Just picked up my Prius!!!!!!!

Dealer open at 8:30am. I was there at 8:10am. I would have been there at 8:00am but I over sleeped

It was kind of raining that early but the forcast said it would clear up by noon so things were looking good so far. Went in to fill out the paper work at 8:30. Waited about 15min for them to get everything ready. Then they had me fill out all the pappers. After I signed everything the car was ready for for me balloons and all. but before I took off I had to get insurance for my new car. Here is where I started to get mad. My insurance company was taking a vacation today. They would not let me drive off without insurance. Well after trying to apply online with Grange Insurance and failing to find an online signup form They told me of 21 Century insuance. I check it out and it was actually cheaper by about $10! So I signed up with 21st. Now I get to call up Grange tomarrow and tell them they lost me because they were not open

Now on to the inspection. Perfect! Well except for one thing. Dealer advertising was on the back. I asked them to take it off and they quickly took it off. So quick it sounded like it took a layer of paint off but luckly it was some kind of easy peal tape backing. I did not have a rag to check the oil or a tire pressure guage so I did not check them. I will do that tomarrow.

Actually left the lot at around 9:45am. Went to get something to eat. After I had something to eat it was time to show off the car. Temp starting out was about 53. After about 10min of the car warming up I was easly getting 50+ Mpg. When there was no cars behind me I would try the pulse and glide. It actally came very easy for me. It took a few tries but I managed 3 5min segments at 75+ Mpg!! The car started out on 113 miles and about 42.3 Mpg. The dealer had to drive it from another dealership but that was ok with me. I ended my trip today at 5:30pm with 273Mi on the OD, avg of 50.0 Mpg and the temp outside was 60. I had to get it up to that before I came home Gotta start off with a good mpg to show off the car I LOVE THIS CAR! Cant wait till tomarrow so I can drive it again. I really love the keyless entry and startup. My friends think its really cool also.

I will post some more pictures on my site as soon as I get some free time and some nice sunny days.

Old 01-02-2006, 07:58 PM
G.H. Contributor
Thumbs up Re: My first NEW car Prius Red Package #7 Portsmouth Ohio

Hi Jay; Bright Red Prius

Great 1st day FE also

Congrats on your New Ride

Regards;

Terry

Old 01-02-2006, 08:01 PM
Enthusiast

Thanks.

Old 01-02-2006, 09:47 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

--

Last edited by xcel; 12-02-2007 at 07:13 PM.
Old 01-03-2006, 08:18 AM
Enthusiast

Thanks again. I cant wait untill summer rolls around. Going to adjust my tires today and see how my FE improves. I also cant wait for my first fillup.

Old 01-04-2006, 03:36 AM
Enthusiast

I did not want to start a new thread and I hate to brag but I got my first 100+ MPG 5min segment! Plus by the end of the day I bumped up my avrage to 51.3 MPG. It was partly down hill. Made 4 stops, and the rest was slow moving traffic or level surface. Was running mostly on battery and using the pulse and glide never going over 41 MPH. Not bad for my 2nd day of driving. I put a picture on my website of my 100+ segment. http://www.jaygroh.com