Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

Missouri Mule

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2005, 10:25 AM
Enthusiast
Default Missouri Mule

I just ran across this web site from another and am very impressed. I hope to be a constructive member. I reside in East Texas and previously had a 2003 Escape that I traded in on my new 2006 Escape Hybrid. So far so good. I was most interested in what someone had to say about not trying to over do the EV mode. That's probably a good idea. I do have a thought about the spare tire issue and will shortly comment on that issue.

Good website.

Richard

Old 12-12-2005, 11:17 AM
Default Re: Missouri Mule

Welcome to the website! Glad you found it.

Old 12-12-2005, 11:21 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tbaleno
Welcome to the website! Glad you found it.
Looks good. And odd because I am hardly a "greenie" being a knuckle dragging right winger. I just like new technology and when I couldn't find any drivability problems I twisted the dealer's arm and we made a deal. So far so good. Very impressive. I traded in my "old" 2003 Escape and he put it on his showroom floor. The mileage increase is substantial. First tank was over 35 mpg. I can certainly live with that compared to my previous 20-21 mpg or so with the standard V6 engine and the power seems every bit as much as the older one.

Thanks for the welcome. I'll try to be a constructive member.

Old 12-12-2005, 11:34 AM

You will be happy to know that this site is well represented by every political leaning. There are some on this site that bash, but just ignore them.

There is so much good info here and a very nice community.

Old 12-13-2005, 01:33 AM
Prof. of Hybridology

Hello, and welcome to the club!

Don't worry about being a greenie, as the joke goes, hybrid owners come in 3 flavors, Cheapie, Techie, and Greenie. Choose 2. Besides, it's not like you're alone. https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...ead.php?t=2696

Take a moment to check out the FEH forum, read up, and ask any questions you have. Some guy wrote a pretty good FAQ there, or so I've heard, you may want to check it out.

Enjoy!