Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

Hello from XMAN LIVE "New Prius/Yea"

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2006, 08:23 AM
Enthusiast
Default Hello from XMAN LIVE "New Prius/Yea"

I have purchased a Silver 2006 Prius (package 2), on Sunday September 17th 2006. I'm the first in my circle of friends to own a hybrid. I love the toys and the gas mileage. I feel like a explore taking on some risk with buying a Hybrid however I am bit of a geek and like to buy things on the edge, I would say it’s no longer cutting edge where I normally buy, but 23 thousand dollars makes you do your home work, if you know what I mean. I had to wait two weeks for my new Prius but it was worth it.

Old 09-22-2006, 08:44 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Hello from XMAN LIVE "New Prius/Yea"

Originally Posted by XMAN LIVE
I have purchased a Silver 2006 Prius (package 2), on Sunday September 17th 2006. I'm the first in my circle of friends to own a hybrid. I love the toys and the gas mileage. I feel like a explore taking on some risk with buying a Hybrid however I am bit of a geek and like to buy things on the edge, I would say it’s no longer cutting edge where I normally buy, but 23 thousand dollars makes you do your home work, if you know what I mean. I had to wait two weeks for my new Prius but it was worth it.
Remember, since you got it before Oct. 1 you can take $3150 off that 23 thousand price tag. Also, I don't think you're taking much risk. The Prius has been around for years and Consumer Reports rates it at much higher than average reliability. Enjoy your toy. I'm the first of my friends to get one and I love it.

Old 09-22-2006, 10:47 AM
Enthusiast

Orcrone
Thanks for your thoughts. I have already started to down load the TAX forms I need to claim my TAX credit. I am very excited and looking forward to great MPG and doing my part for clean air.

Old 09-22-2006, 02:46 PM
Enthusiast

$3150 off of the price tag? Does this apply to all 06 Hybrids? We're going to be purchasing an 07 Escape within the next couple of weeks.

Thanks Xman

Old 09-24-2006, 08:17 PM
Enthusiast

Reveiw link, it may be able to give you some answers.

http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/tax_hybrid_new.shtml