Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

hello from a new Civic VX member

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2004, 11:48 PM
Enthusiast

Great site, wanted to say hi.

I'm a huge gas mileage enthusiast and very much interested in hybrids, but I drive a '94 Civic VX for now until I can afford a hybrid.

So far I've entered my best and worst tanks from my personal database into the system. I have a question about how the lifetime override works.

If I start by overriding my lifetime mileage now with my current number, will my future ongoing lifetime number be updated accurately based on tank additions? Or must I enter all my tanks since I've owned the car?

Old 08-28-2004, 08:19 AM
Site Founder

Mike,

Welcome to GreenHybrid!
Currently your lifetime override will not take into account any tanks that you input. This includes tanks that you add after stating your lifetime mileage. I intend to add a feature in the database allowing you to "add" to this figure with additional tanks, but for now it isn't possible.

Old 08-28-2004, 11:31 AM
Contributor ($)

vxmike,
Welcome to the site. 65.1 for a non-hybrid! That's some excellent mileage you've got going there! Congrats!

Old 08-28-2004, 01:54 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Howdy Mike and fellow Civic driver!
Welcome to the community, I've read in you other posts that you plan a 5K mile drive?
Please keep us posted as I am planning a ~1500 round trip run on labor day weekend.
3 Adults including my self but it depends if a chartered bus is running.
In my case I'm not sure how comfortable my trip would be. It seems driving around town more than 3 hours I'm ready get out.
I'm sure some of that is the hard tires I run but am not willing to downgrade to mushville!

Old 08-29-2004, 05:32 PM
Enthusiast

Thanks for the answer about the database, Jason. I just went ahead and entered all my tanks into the system, so I'll have accurate figures from the start.

Hot_Georgia_2004, yes I have trip planned starting next week that will be a minimum of 5k miles. I'm in WA now and will be heading to SoCal, then the east coast, up to Maine, then back over to Detroit where I'm moving to. My Civic will be loaded with all my stuff, but I anticipate some great tanks given the summer heat and a few new tricks I've learned here. I'm hoping to break 70 again at least once

I actually find my 45psi Civic to be rather comfortable, but then again I've never owned a "comfortable" vehicle to compare to. Always have driven small Hondas and similar vehicles.

Old 08-29-2004, 05:46 PM
Active Enthusiast

Welcome Mike,

Great to see another early 90's Civic Hatchback driver on the list so we can show what great mileage these non-hybrid 5th generation Civic hatchbacks are capable of achieving. Its amazing what light weight (2080lbs) and a small frontal area can do for mileage dispite the relatively poor coefficient of drag (0.36) of this car. Makes me wonder what kind of mileage one could get if a Civic Hybrid motor was swapped into this car. Like you I am waiting to buy a hybrid, but in my case, hybrids are practically unavailable from dealers in my part of rural SC, so it might take another few years before they trickle down into my local area.