Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

Canadian 06 Civic Hybrid- Sparkle Grey Pearl

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2006, 03:37 PM
Hybrid-Hugger
Red face Canadian 06 Civic Hybrid- Sparkle Grey Pearl

Hi all,
Just picked up my new Civic Hybrid 4 hours ago. What a different driving experience. Bought it without seeing the color (or interior). I am very happy with my choice- I just love the 2-tone interior.
Anyways, we will see how Calgary treats it- first trip (tomorrow) is to the Rocky Mountains to break it in (should put on about 600km tomorrow).
Let's hope I don't need to use any of that extended warranty I purchased.
Thanks
JavaJ from Calgary

Old 08-06-2006, 08:14 AM
Vegetarian
Default Re: Canadian 06 Civic Hybrid- Sparkle Grey Pearl

Sparkle grey pearl? Sounds pretty. You should put some pictures of it in the Share section.

Welcome!

Old 08-06-2006, 03:52 PM
Rarely post anything
Default Re: Canadian 06 Civic Hybrid- Sparkle Grey Pearl

Sparkle Grey Pearl = Magnetic Pearl (US-specific name). The service manual refers to SGP in the available color charts for US/CDN cars, and if you order the touch up paint, it'll have the SGP name on the container. So if you've seen a 2006 MagPearl, you've seen what the rest of the world knows as a 'Sparkle Grey Pearl'

In some other countries, you can get other Hondas in this color - but I don't know if it would look good on, say, a CR-V - and definitely not an S2000, IMHO.

I wish they had kept the SGP name - it accurately describes it as a 'grey' rather than a 'blue'. However, both descriptions are incorrect in that the paint is a metallic - not a 'pearl'

My personal choice for an accurate description of the color would be 'gunmetal', but I could see where an auto manufacturer would not want to make a reference to firearms when speaking about their products.

JavaJ - congrats on your purchase. About the only thing you should have to worry about the warranty for is the transmission - keep the fluid changed at regular intervals, and don't stomp on the gas until about a 1/2 second after the engine restarts from autostop (ie; let the start clutch catch properly - you'll get the feel for this) and you'll be fine. As far as the IMA battery / controls, you've got a good long warranty on that, longer than the rest of the car. Honda's known for taking care of post-warranty IMA issues on a 'goodwill' basis - and your extended (HondaCare?) warranty extends the IMA warranty out to the same mileage as the rest of the car.

If this is your first Honda, just keep the oil / filters changed and the engine should easily last 400-480Km or longer before needing a rebuild (seriously!).

Enjoy your new car