Hybrid & Related News New cars, press releases, articles and more. Reply only. Have news?

Rita could equal $5 gas

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2005, 01:27 PM
Site Founder
Default Rita could equal $5 gas

As I'm attending Rice University in Houston, I'll actually be evacuating [voluntarily] back home to Orlando. Personally, I think my parents just want to see me again! This was supposed to be Parents' Weekend.
Remember when gas spiked to $3-plus a gallon after Hurricane Katrina? By this time next week, that could seem like the good old days. Weather and energy experts say that as bad as Hurricane Katrina hit the nation's supply of gasoline, Hurricane Rita could be worse.

"We could be looking at gasoline lines and $4 gas, maybe even $5 gas, if this thing does the worst it could do," said energy analyst Peter Beutel of Cameron Hanover. "This storm is in the wrong place. And it's absolutely at the wrong time," said Beutel.
http://money.cnn.com/2005/09/21/news...reat/index.htm

Old 09-21-2005, 04:53 PM
Site Founder
Default Re: Rita could equal $5 gas

Please discuss this newsbit here: https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...llon.3768.html