Hybrid & Related News New cars, press releases, articles and more. Reply only. Have news?

Contrarian Mitsubishi bets on electric vehicles; road tests to begin next year

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2005, 08:35 AM
Site Founder
Default Contrarian Mitsubishi bets on electric vehicles; road tests to begin next year

Other carmakers may build hybrids or clean diesels. Mitsubishi Motors Corp. is betting on electric cars. Mitsubishi says it will sell a minicar powered by lithium-ion batteries and two in-wheel motors in Japan in 2010. The automaker will begin road tests of the vehicle next year. A four-wheel-drive version also is being developed. Mitsubishi intends to sell the car in Japan. It declined to say whether it might export the cars.
http://www.autoweek.com/news.cms?newsId=102388

Old 05-20-2005, 10:25 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Contrarian Mitsubishi bets on electric vehicles; road tests to begin next year

I'd be interested in seeing what market forces would do for an electric car if it was made available nationwide.

I'd definitely buy one. However, my roundtrip daily commute is 55 miles, we fly anytime we're going out of the area, and I have a garage - three things that obviously work in my favor for buying a car with only a 100-mile range......