What to do?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 08:59 PM
Enthusiast
Default What to do?

I have a HCH 2005 with 196k miles. I love it and miss driving it. At 95,000 miles the car seized. It would start but not move. We were told it was the fly wheel and paid $1500 to repair. At around 175k miles the IMA light and engine light came on but was driving fine. We were told the IMA module needed to be replaced but we might as well just drive it until it went out completely. Recently, while driving it, the car seized again and will not move but will turn on. We have since moved up by Yosemite and don't have a trusted mechanic. Does anyone have any suggestions? I love this car and don't want to salvage it.

Old 03-16-2010, 08:46 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: What to do?

Have it towed to a Honda dealer and find out what the problems are and the cost to repair the defects. Maybe some of the problems are still covered with warranty?
Good luck,
Hal

Old 03-16-2010, 06:03 PM
Enthusiast

Wow, Jenifer! 195K until your IMA light sounds like a great run (so far). Any techniques you'd care to share? It seems like many people on these forums had the same thing happen at 90K and had a heart attack.

I would second Harold's advice, especially if it's a matter between keeping your beloved Civic Hybrid and moving on.

Old 03-17-2010, 03:13 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Harold
Have it towed to a Honda dealer and find out what the problems are and the cost to repair the defects. Maybe some of the problems are still covered with warranty?
Good luck,
Hal
I suggest taking it to a Honda dealership, as well. Hopefully, someone there will know enough about HCHs to give you at least an estimate on the problem and the price.

Best of luck!

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands