Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Honda Civic Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/honda-civic-hybrid-12/)
-   -   power windows for honda civic hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/honda-civic-hybrid-12/power-windows-honda-civic-hybrid-11731/)

victord 01-07-2007 12:34 AM

power windows for honda civic hybrid

I just bought salvaged 2004 Honda civic that was flooded, car runs fine but my power windows don't work. Only front passenger windows rolls down, can anyone help how to troubleshoot this problem also my heater only blows hot air and in one mode that is on legs. Does anyone have any suggestions. I would really appreciate.
Thanks

cb450sc 01-07-2007 08:56 AM

Re: power windows for honda civic hybrid

Sounds like you have your work cut out for you. Good luck with it.

msantos 01-08-2007 09:03 PM

Re: power windows for honda civic hybrid

Originally Posted by victord (Post 105567)
I just bought salvaged 2004 Honda civic that was flooded, car runs fine but my power windows don't work. Only front passenger windows rolls down, can anyone help how to troubleshoot this problem also my heater only blows hot air and in one mode that is on legs. Does anyone have any suggestions. I would really appreciate.
Thanks

Honda typically implements the power windows control in an enclosed control module (small box) situated on the driver side - either on the door - or on the dash near the door. I believe this module may need to be replaced as it may have suffered damage from the flood.

I actually believe you have alot more damage than what you may be seeing. In time many components and systems in flodded cars will worsen and fail if they are not properly inspected and replaced. I suspect the blower assembly solenoids may have also been affected and they may need to be replaced.

The only true good solution I can recommend is that the car's interior trim be removed and inspected for water retention and other damage. The wiring as well as other components such as relay, solenoids, connectors and enclosed circuits such as power window control module and others may also have to be physically and expertly tested. Then you have the issue of the IMA power control module in the rear seat... which is a a deal breaker if it shows damage of any kind.

If you want to do it yourself, you will definitely need the shop manual and other insightful literature that Honda provides. Otherwise you're better off leaving it with a Honda professional or another caring shop if you want to have it done right.

Good luck.

MSantos