2006 HCH CVT trans. Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2006, 10:43 AM
Active Enthusiast
Question 2006 HCH CVT trans. Question

Hi,

I'm still getting familiar to my new 2006 HCH.

Here is the question:

This morning I check the fluid level in my CVT transmission. I know, usually this should be check when the engine is at normal operating temperature. But looking at the gage I saw on one side of it, a cold level range and on the other side a hot level range which is higher thant the cold level. It's normal since oil expand when it's hot.

My level, when the engine is cold is like half a inch over the maximun cold level. It's sit just where the gage goes from been flat to be round. So I think there is too much oil in the transmission.

It will be easy for me to get some oil out but I wonder if other 2006 HCH owner have check their transmission oil level when the engine is cold and what was the result of that verification? I just don't want to put my CVT at risk because there is too much oil.

Thanks for your help.

Old 02-12-2006, 11:01 AM
G.H. Contributor
Lightbulb Re: 2006 HCH CVT trans. Question

Originally Posted by Soleil24
Hi,

I'm still getting familiar to my new 2006 HCH.

Here is the question:

This morning I check the fluid level in my CVT transmission. I know, usually this should be check when the engine is at normal operating temperature. But looking at the gage I saw on one side of it, a cold level range and on the other side a hot level range which is higher thant the cold level. It's normal since oil expand when it's hot.

My level, when the engine is cold is like half a inch over the maximun cold level. It's sit just where the gage goes from been flat to be round. So I think there is too much oil in the transmission.

It will be easy for me to get some oil out but I wonder if other 2006 HCH owner have check their transmission oil level when the engine is cold and what was the result of that verification? I just don't want to put my CVT at risk because there is too much oil.

Thanks for your help.
Hi Canada;

This is just my suggestion to you. Take the HCH II by your dealer and show them what you see on the Dip Stick and tell them you are Concerned about the CVT being over Filled.

This is Sunday so I really don't think it is going to be a Major Concern until Monday Morning.

When you go in ask to speak to the Service Manager and Explain to him/her your Concern. You have a New Vehicle and don't want to take any chance on something going wrong with your CVT if you can Prevent it before it Happens.

I work for a Dealership for the Past 10-Yrs. and this (IMO) will not be a big deal for them to take a quick look at and then you will have the answer from your Dealer not just another owner.

Regards;

Terry

Old 02-12-2006, 03:01 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 2006 HCH CVT trans. Question

Hi again,

Thanks for your answer, but I now think that there is no problem at all.

I just came back from some shopping, When I came back, the car's temperature was in normal running condition and I check the oil level after stopping the engine, (1 - 1.5 minutes after) and the oil level was just fine (at the top of the hot range). So I gess the cold side does not mean anything or may be it's when the engine as been running but it's not hot yet.

Thanks.

Old 02-12-2006, 04:52 PM
G.H. Contributor
Thumbs up Re: 2006 HCH CVT trans. Question

Originally Posted by Soleil24
Hi again,

Thanks for your answer, but I now think that there is no problem at all.

I just came back from some shopping, When I came back, the car's temperature was in normal running condition and I check the oil level after stopping the engine, (1 - 1.5 minutes after) and the oil level was just fine (at the top of the hot range). So I gess the cold side does not mean anything or may be it's when the engine as been running but it's not hot yet.

Thanks.
Hi;

Your welcome and I did not think there was a problem with it that's why I said drop by your dealer and have them take a quick look at it.

Glad everything is okay.

Terry