My o5 HAH seems to love Houston rush hour traffic and gasahol too!

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 09:20 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default My o5 HAH seems to love Houston rush hour traffic and gasahol too!

My poor HAH has never seen nor experienced rush hour traffic like Houston has on a daily basis. Man its stop and go and high speed then back to a crawl all within seconds of each other.

We are here for a couple more days but have to say I would have bet this type of driving would have murdered my MPGs but it hasnt. I also figured using the local fuel with 10% alcohol in it would make a difference too, but it seems to like it alot.

I filled up one morning and zero'd the gauge. Got right on I-59N and was shocked to see I had MAX battery level and my mpg was 31.9 after a distance of 9 miles.

It has been at about this mpg level since Monday riding this road every morning and nite rush hours.

I was shocked and impressed.

On a not so impressive note, on the trip from Orlando to Houston, the HAH only bagged 38.1 for the entire trip. I did have the car weighed down with stuff which I am blaming for the lower than usual road trip mpg. Usually and without fail, as long as I maintain 70mph I can squeeze 41-43 mpg.

Cant wait to get home and give my HAH a well deserved rest in the garage for performing so well.

Tony

Old 11-08-2006, 05:57 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: My o5 HAH seems to love Houston rush hour traffic and gasahol too!

Your highway mileage is what I typically get as well. For a car with 255 hp, getting 41-43 mpg at 70 mph is awesome!

Old 11-09-2006, 08:44 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: My o5 HAH seems to love Houston rush hour traffic and gasahol too!

Good job! This past tank of gas was one fo the worst for me. I had three trips home in bumper to bumper traffic for 30 - 45 minutes where the speed went from stopped to MAYBE 15 mph. Then I had another trip where the 5 mile trip home from the Navy base took an hour (Airshow traffic). My mpg readout went from almost 34 down to 26 after those 4 commutes. I managed to get it back to 28 by the end of the tank. Did I mention I HATE traffic like that?!