My loss, your gain

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2006, 01:08 PM
Enthusiast
Default My loss, your gain

Anyone in South Florida interested in buying my 2006 Redondo Red Pearl w/NAV HAH?

I bought it April 28th and in July I accepted a 3 year assignment in Germany. Up until yesterday I thought I was going to take it with me to Germany (despite the U.S. warranty being invalid over there!), and I thought I had it worked out so that I would not have to pay duties and taxes. Yesterday I found out this can’t happen, and duties and taxes would be about $8000!

So, the FOR SALE sign goes on this weekend. I really love the car and hate to part with it. I would buy another in a heartbeat. I drove the first 2007 Lexus ES 350 that arrived at the local dealer, then I drove the HAH. For $10,000 less, the HAH was a no-brainer. I just got the software update this past week and the mileage did seem to tick up a bit.

Details:

Redondo Red Pearl w/NAV, perfect condition

4036 mostly highway miles

Dark tinted windows (looks great with the red pearl!)

Sunroof wind deflector

10 year / 100,000 mile extended warranty, transferable

I’m going to wash it and take some pics for cars.com this evening. E-mail me if your interested. I’ll take the best reasonable offer from a qualified buyer.

Old 09-24-2006, 08:46 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: My loss, your gain

Hello,

I worked it out so that I am able to take the HAH over to Germany, so it is not for sale.

Thanks,

Don

Old 09-25-2006, 08:53 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Don't let these be your only two posts! Stick around for a while! Share your experiences with your HAH!

Oh, and wecome to the forums!

Old 09-25-2006, 03:03 PM
now Insight, had an HCH

I was about to say, they shouldn't be charging you anything UNTIL you sell the car there. I brought a car over there a few years back and then sold it and was never charged anything due to the fact that it went to another service member.

He shipped it back and had no problems. BTW, it was a Suzuki Sidekick and there were ELEVEN of them on the lemon lot the day I put it up for sale!

I did import a '67 Mustang while I was there and when I sold it there were fees involved but the buyer (German national) paid for it all. Once I had it at a eating establishment when the waitress asked if that was my "import car" parked outside. I said "no, that I was driving the old Mustang". She then pointed to my car and asked if I imported it into the country, point taken, it was an import!

Enjoy your assignment and post every now and then while you're there.

Last edited by rigger; 09-25-2006 at 03:07 PM. Reason: added info
Old 09-25-2006, 08:23 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Sheesh Rigger! Where've you been?? I can't remember when I last saw you on the forums!

Old 10-01-2006, 06:44 AM
now Insight, had an HCH

Originally Posted by bar10dah
Sheesh Rigger! Where've you been?? I can't remember when I last saw you on the forums!
Sold the Civic a while back and no one seems to post about Insights too often so I lurk in the shadows now.

I was surprised to see 2 new HAHs at my dealer Friday while getting my battery pack replaced on my Insight. They had 0 HCHs. Prices were $28.5k and $30.5k on the HAHs.