29 HAHs and MPG Rising

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2005, 07:18 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default 29 HAHs and MPG Rising

Great to see more HAHs in the database and especially the increasing number of new drivers who are getting 30 mpg per tank right out of the box. Way to go GoNavy!
Very impressive. Soon you'll be challenging the two Tinks... :=).
Lewis

Old 05-24-2005, 11:28 PM
Rarely post anything
Default Re: 29 HAHs and MPG Rising

Boy, Lewis...you're not kidding. 9/29 cars (31%) above the threshold, many of them right out of the box. Now let's see if they maintain and even improve on those good numbers... a little time spent here and on the road, and I'm willing to bet that they will.

I was fixated on the few folks who posted 1 or 2 sub-par tanks months ago, and vanished - they skew the average, especially when there are fewer cars in our section. But I'm realizing that as the others add more and more tanks, those sub-par tanks are absorbed, and it doesn't skew the avg so much.

I wonder what the percentage of cars above threshold is for the other cars ? Will have to check that out and see...something tells me that the HCH's are going to beat us by a bit in that aspect. But as long as we keep in mind that it's not a competition, but rather, a collaborative effort, we all come out ahead...even those who don't drive hybrids and don't care to